<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Sunny D

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Sunny D

New Blog.


I change my blog every year or so, the last one I had had for almost two years. I am coming up on the second anniversary of my divorce and this is a time to celebrate. I will tell you why, in the parable of the moth.


There was a little boy, he went outside and he noticed on the ground the cocoon of a moth. He was a curious boy and so he began to watch the cocoon. While he was watching he noticed the cocoon was moving, wriggling in fact. He sat amazed, transfixed on the cocoon as it wiggled and wiggled. He saw the the moth had created a small hole in the cocoon and was struggling with all of its might to get out of the cocoon. As he watched he began to feel bad for the moth and so he tore at the hole to let the moth out. The moth to his delight crawled out of the cocoon and took flight. He watched the moth fly higher and higher. Up, up, up until it dropped to the ground suddenly. He ran over to the moth where it lay dead on the ground. For the rest of the day the boy worried about the moth, and wondered why it had died. Later that day, he met an older and wiser friend. He explained to his friend what had happened to the moth. The wise friend explained that the moth died because he helped him out of the cocoon. The moth needed to struggle out of the cocoon by itself to gain the strength to live.
So it is. I have realized that my life has been many things. Sometimes, I am the moth in the cocoon, sometimes I am the boy, and sometimes I am the older wiser friend.

Over the last two years I have:
*Learned Balance
*Regained my Voice, meaning that I have the confidence to say what I need to say
*In the last six weeks conquered an almost life long habit of drinking at least a half gallon of Diet Coke each day
* Conquered mental, physical, spiritual and emotional roadblocks by training and finishing the St. George marathon
* I have really come to understand and be comfortable in my role as a single Mom. I am PRESENT in my children's lives.
* I love my work, teaching.
* I have a wonderful circle of friends, truly a blessing.
* I am continually blessed by My Father in Heaven, I see his tender mercies in my life every day from the sweet children I have, to my family, my comfortable home, a car that runs well
* I feel peace each night as I fall asleep
*I have truly learned to enjoy the simple things in life and to find what some of my true passions are.
* I have learned that there is life beyond divorce, and it can be as beautiful as you make it.
* I have learned it is OK to plan fun things for the future, things to look forward too things that energize the spirit...like trips!
* I have learned that each day is a gift, and that it is full of joy...IF, YOU choose it.

I am excited for the next few months, good things are coming. I can feel it.


Dior...The Sunny D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home