<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Summer Time Goals

Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Time Goals

Bean Jar

We made the usual summer goals a few weeks ago. I really feel like it is important for my kids to understand balance. I didn't truly understand balance myself until four years ago when I was SO UN-balanced I had to make being balanced my main priority. It was at that time in my life that I learned there were four area's of balance. They are: Physical, Spiritual, Emotional and Financial. I changed them a little bit for my kids and made one of the goals an Educational goal or something they would like to learn how to do. 


Ellie wants to learn how to make all kinds of food. I love so much her little phonectic spelling cugez is cookies. We worked on that goal today so we would have a treat for Family Night.



We made Cugez today. Goal #1 for Ellie completed.

Aydan was at Musical Theater Workshop this afternoon. It is such a fun program for kids, they learn how to do a whole singing and dancing musical in two weeks. It is amazing! While he was at his summer camp Ellie and I worked on her goals. We worked on sight words and also read several books. I love summer. 

The kids made their own goals but I have a few things I would like them to do as well, ENTER THE BEAN JAR. The popsicle sticks have certain tasks on them. The tasks vary from chores, giving service, playing nicely with each other, to memorizing math facts, scriptures, sight words etc. Each of the tasks has a number of beans at the top. They also get beans for being kind to each other ESPECIALLY in the car because that seems to be a problem for us! The bean jar isn't a new thing, I know but it is a physical action and a visual reminder. When the jar is full the kids have decided that they would like to go to Jumpstreet and invite two friends each. So far so good, but it is just day one of my break. 

My Summertime Goals

Here's my problem I always make so many that I end up working myself to the bone and am exhausted. So to be balanced, I am making sure there is time to just watch a movie or take a nap when I want too.

Physical Goals: Clean the garage ( half done today), Laundry Closet, My Room, Re-do the Preschool Room, and exercise four times a week, limit eating out to once a week, cooking healthy meals. 

Educational Goals: Read four books that I want to read for FUN.

Career Goals: Plan some fun things for next year.

Emotional Goals: Going on vacation for two weeks....bon voyage! 

I only have 6 weeks off. But I bet that is 6 more than most people have! I am going to enjoy each precious minute I can with my kids. I am going to enjoy my friends and family. I am going to be well rested to start another year. 

Happy Summer! Sunshine is my FAVORITE!

Love, The Sunny D
XOXO




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home