<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Those Jalapenos are HOOOOTTTT

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Those Jalapenos are HOOOOTTTT

The Fam Bam Memorial Day

This post is going to be a mish masher of schtuff because I have all of these thoughts and feelings whirling around in my head and I can't nail it down to one specific topic. So here it goes. 

I just made this new dish called Chicken Curry in a Hurry. It is a crock pot dinner and it is all ready to go for tomorrow. It had jalapenos in it and as I de-seeded the nasty bugger its hot, spicy, jalapeno juices got all over my fingers and they ARE BURNING! I mean BURN-ING. Then I ate a handful of cherries and now my LIPS are burning. DANG. 

I hope that dinner is yum in the tum because if not and I am dealing with burning fingers I am going to be MAD. Speaking of burning..................


Unasian Daddy Long Legs and I bought a Groupon a year ago or something like that. She is just CRAZY about Groupons and finds all kinds of fun stuff for us to do. This was a glass blowing class we took this weekend with a couple of great guys we dragged along as our "dates." 

My "date" was formerly known as Ricardo, he didn't approve of the name Ricardo in fact was quite particular about it so I have given him a new name or SIGN.....


Okay. I can't call him the Prince sign name. Mostly because I am not a PRINCE fan and its ugly so here is a picture of my neighbor, I mean, "date."

Isn't my date the cutest? He even let me borrow his sweater. The truth is....I won't ever post pictures of dates but I do have a new and APPROVED..not improved name for Ricardo/Formerly known as the Prince sign. Mr. Rogers. Who doesn't love Mr. Rogers? 

On Sunday I was at my Mom and Dad's house and helped my Mom with some computer stuff. We were laying around in my sisters old room and I looked up on her shelf where a plethora of books were just hanging out waiting for someone to get their hands on them again. The first book I finished in a bout an hour, it was called, He's Just Not That Into You. It was DEPRESSING, OK. I don't think anyone should read that book ever. Then there are some Deseret Book published books that are so CHEESY awesome. Seriously, I am almost done with the second one and I am learning a lot about BYU culture, which is eye opening odd since I didn't go there. 


Monday we went to a baseball game. It was super fun. Then the BBQ at my parents which is pictured above. I realized that I really need a new swimsuit or two and am on the hunt for one since I am going somewhere this summer I will NEED one. Not telling where yet though. 


I love my neighborhood, this was after a three mile run today. I love so much when trees look like they are reaching toward each other like they are trying to hold hands. That is one of my favorite things, along with the golden hour and the grapevines that are getting full.

Oh man I just love that. Maybe I just love vegetation over walkways. That must be it. 

Playing Red Rover with my class

There are only two and a half days of school left. It is a bittersweet thing for me. There are all of these little people that you love and adore so much. I love my class. They are darling, what a gift it is to be their teacher. There is so much to do, everything has to come down off of the walls, and the walls have to be wiped down. All of the books have to be accounted for and taken to one spot in the school. The kids desks have to be cleaned out and scoured and all of the legs have to be made the same size. Now, for some reason this little detail is what is killing me. Number ONE, I am not mechanical. At all. So what should be a very easy job will most likely take me five times as long. This is the clean up part, but then you have to do testing on the kids and wrap up all of your grading. On top of teaching meaningful lessons each day. 

How do I help the non teacher understand the gravity of this week? Let's see. Basically it is like deep cleaning every closet, cupboard, and room in your home...WHILE doing your taxes......and bills....and helping your kids with their homework.......AND it is emotional you feel a loss, like when you lose a beloved pet, WHILE planning a meaningful Relief Society Lesson with handouts FOR FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT to 30 kids. That about sums it up. 

Anyway, it is just a few harried days. I am excited for Summer. I get to be a FULL TIME MOM. Isn't that just the best thing? I can't wait. I love those two babies of mine. We are going to be doing a lot of fun stuff, and some hard work stuff, and some lazy days by the pool stuff. It makes me smile just to think of it all.

Love,
The Sunny D
XOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home