<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Crazy Content

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Crazy Content

I love this peanut and her little red cowboy boots. I could just eat her up.

Every week Aydan has Kumon which is a Japanese way to teach mathematics. So I get one whole hour with this sweet girl every Tuesday night. We usually just go to McDonald's which is right by the tutoring spot and do her homework and then she plays for a while. There isn't a sweeter girl. This day we went to her favorite restaurant Pei Wei. When I wasn't looking she filled the WHOLE front pocket of her backpack up with fortune cookies. Its true. I about died when I realized this three hours later when little plastic wrappers kept popping up around the house. You can see she loves fortune cookies. She has one in her hand. 

Their Father has been out of town this week so I had the kids and did all the running around. My support system also crumbled around me because UADLL left to go to Women's Conference. I just have to say that I love Women's Conference. I haven't been in a long while but it is a wonderful place to be with friends and learn and grow. So UADLL usually has my kids in the mornings and afternoons while I am teaching school. She is a HUGE help, and Yogi my other BFF drives my kids AND picks them up everyday for me. Do you know how blessed I am for these women to be in my life. SO blessed. Anyway, it was a lot of juggling this week. I felt like a person literally balancing 17 spinning plates on sticks and a few plates dropped. It was okay though, I had a melt down one morning after the kids were dropped off and I was on my way to work. I cried my little heart out to my Mom on the phone who then stepped in with some sound no nonsense advice. I put my big girl shoes back on and put my nose back to the grindstone. 

My Mom then babysat my kids that Thursday night. I went on a most enjoyable date where we made these boats and raced them down the canal. Seriously, it was fun and I don't think I've been on a date that creative in ages. Props to the date. It was just what I needed to be outside, laughing and having fun.  When I returned home my kids were bathed and in bed. We decided to just spend the night over there so the kids could have a normal routine. 

I guess what I have realized is how lucky I am. When things are hard and I am over scheduled, tired, and worn out I am constantly reminded how much love and friendship and support I have from my family and friends. You can't beat having a great Mom, that is FOR SURE. 

It is Saturday morning, I went for a jog ran into a friend sat and visited for a minute. I am doing laundry and my house is clean. I am getting my car washed AND then to the salon to have my Sasquatch-Cro Magnon man eyebrows waxed, I think with a manicure to follow. My hands look sad, like they work all week long with no relief in sight. I have fun plans tonight with a friend so yet again I am shown that I can do hard things, and the hard things come to an end they don't last forever. If I can just remember that in the moment.

Today I am happy. Grateful. Lucky. Content. Peaceful.

XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home