<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Lunch Date.

Friday, March 22, 2013

The Lunch Date.


The Lunch Date, I love lunch.

I love going out to lunch.

So for this week of Spring Break I went out to lunch EVERY DAY. 

Monday with Ellie, Spanish Sassafrass and Unasian Daddy Long Legs and their darling children. Tuesday with Grandma, Aunt Patti and cousins Monica her cute bambino, and Krystal. Wednesday with my cousin Aubree and her cute three kids. Thursday with my soul sister and her boys and today with Aydan my sweet boy.

I get the "Worst Mom Ever" award.  I told Aydan earlier this week that we were going to go to lunch and which day would he like to go? He picked Friday. Then he said, "Mom make sure you don't forget like the last time."

Whaaaaat? I said. 

He said, yeah Mom remember last year I had a dentist appointment and then you were going to take me to lunch after but you fell asleep and woke up too late. 

Oh MAN. I did NOT remember that. He obviously did. I felt like the worst MOM ever. I promised him he was at the top of my list and I would not forget. 

So.

Today, I got up and got ready. I had a few appointments to go to. I returned home to put on a little make up and then I saw I had a message on my phone from earlier in the morning. It was Aydan. Leaving me a message. That sweet little boy voice came across the receiver, "Moooom. This is Aydan, I am just reminding you about our lunch today and not to forget." (Forget was kind of sing songy)

Wow. I thought. Just wow. I am the worst Mom ever all this little boy needs from me is a little of my time and I realized WAYYY to late that I had let him down. I don't like letting people down. It's not a habit I want. So, I swiped on some lipstick and headed over to the school. 

Elle Belle was hanging on the monkey bars when I pulled up, so I walked up to her and gave her a BIG FUCHSIA kiss. I told her I loved her, and she hung on to me like she was in jail and wanted out for dear life, but happy to now have lipstick on from a kiss from momma. The whistle blew and off she ran. I walked into the office and they called for my boy. He came walking up the stairs with his big gap toothed smile. He was so happy. I said, I got your message. I'm sorry that you were worried that I might forget you.

Yeah. He said. Last year I waited all morning and when you didn't come I was SOOOO disappointed. 

I bet you were, I am sorry sweetheart. It was a rough couple of years but everything is good now. I love you. 

I love you, Mom. 

We went off to have a wonderful lunch together where we discussed what he thought his strengths and weaknesses were. What were some area's he wanted to improve and what kind of goals we could make to help him. 

I guess we are going to disappoint our children sometimes. Sometimes I am a better Mom than others, sometimes I am overwhelmed with being a single Mom and sometimes I am like....I got this! Underneath it all I hope my kids know, and I hope I convey that I love them no matter what. That we all make mistakes but we can do better, and that every day I try my best. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home