<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Aydan my SONshine

Friday, March 15, 2013

Aydan my SONshine

My little boy is growing he turned 9 today.

I loved The Andy Griffith show growing up. I am so lucky, I got my very own Opie. Today Aydan turned 9. We had a little shin dig at the skate park with a few friends, pizza and cupcakes. I asked him the other day if he wanted me to get him a special cake or cupcakes? He said," Mom I want you to make cupcakes because yours are the best." I don't know if that is true but I can whip out a pretty mean cake and frosting. So for his birthday I made Reese's Cupcakes. At least that is what I call them. I will add the recipe later.

Let me say a little about this boy. 

It took a really long time to get him here, in fact at the time I was pretty sure I may not have any children at all. After six years of marriage, a successful teaching career, three to four years of fertility treatments and a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ( a really crappy thing that I refuse to let define me, and is a constant battle) I had surmised that having my own baby may never happen. 

I was driving in my truck. I had a big, black, Ford 150 that I loved. My best friend Heather was sitting next to me, I hadn't been feeling well and due to the polycystic ovaries I had been in to the Doc to have blood drawn. My phone rang I was about to leave to Hawaii for my 5th anniversary the next day. Angie the nurse form the Dr.'s office was on the other line and she said, "Are you ready for this?" YOU are Pregnant. We screamed, Heather screamed and then we cried. It was one of the happiest moments in my life. 

I was forever changed when this little red headed boy entered my world. I became a Mom. I have learned so much from him. He is so loving and kind. He has such a sweet spirit about him and boy is he smart. He doesn't miss a THING, and hasn't since day one. He is such a wonderful brother and he is always concerned about me. I worry that he carries too much of a load on his little shoulders not because I put it there, because that is just him. Do you see those brown eyes, they have melted my heart from day one, do you see how he smiles with his eyes? He has always done that. He loves music and wakes up most days humming, he always has. He loves friends, and books. He loves riding his bike and scooter, he is everything a little boy should be. Boy, I love him. I am the luckiest Mom because I was blessed with this little boy. 

I may have written this but, a few months ago in frustration I plopped on my bed and broke down in tears. It was a pity, my life stinks cry, a good cleansing one. Aydan came into my room as I was hiccuping sobs. He walked over to the bed in concern and rubbed my back with his little hand. He said, "Mom, where does it hurt? Does it hurt in your tummy, or your throat, or your heart?" I immediately stopped crying and smiled because this is a little technique I use with him ALL the time to help him identify what his emotion is and to help him verbalize it to get it out. You see, isn't he just the sweetest?

He wanted to go tot he skate park for his birthday and ride scooters with some friends and cousins, it was super fun!






Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

( I cheated today and just made a chocolate cake mix for the cupcake part..next time I will tell you my chocolate cake recipe)

Peanut Butter Frosting:

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
8 Tbs (1 stick) butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
3-4 Tbs milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Blend Peanut Butter and Butter in Kitchen Aid until creamy/fluffy, Add confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla until combined and fluffy. If it is too stiff add more milk.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home