<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Pot of Gold

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pot of Gold

My Irish Camo. In Ireland. ( Aydan just told me he can spot me EASILY BECAUSE OF MY SHOES!!!LOLOL..Oh man I love that boy!) 

This is one of my favorite pictures for this time of year. Happy St. Patrick's Day, we have been celebrating the luck of the Irish in my class. Such fun!

I had my class write ways they were "lucky" (actually a lesson in counting their blessings, but they had no clue) I had a list of ten examples on the board of how I was lucky. It was good for me to stop and count up those blessings one by one, I have WAY more than ten!

I've had my cute Grandma on my mind the last few days. A gentle reminder of her, and I awoke this morning with the impression that I should call her, so at my special (prep time) I multi tasked and shoveled the garden as I talked to Grandma. You know, it does not take MUCH to make her happy. She told me about all of the flowers she had planted around her house and how beautiful they were. She is in her nineties and still planting flowers! She thanked ME for writing HER a thank you note for her life history book she compiled and presented each of us for Christmas. 
( Note to all my cousins, send Grandma a note it will make her day and let her know how much we love her, do it NOW..put a stamp on it and have one of your kids run it to the mail box) 

We talked about genealogy, her doctor's appointments, about Grandpa. I told her that I do feel him close by sometimes. I know that he is helping this single Mom, even though I can't see him I feel his strength when I am weak. She said, "well he always did love you." He was so strong, wise and kind in his quiet way. She reminisced," I don't feel him around as much but when I finished my life story, I looked up and I saw his back turned to me, he was wearing one of his old western shirts and blue jeans and he said, "Well, it's about time old girl."As I listened to her I started to cry because that sure does sound like him. I don't know what it is, maybe that as I walk out of my classroom there is a pasture right behind it and a couple of scraggly looking horses. They're not pretty ones like Grandpa used to have, but many a time I will stop and look into that pasture. It will remind me of going to Grandpa's horse pasture in Lehi that happened to be right next to the elementary school there. I feel close to Grandpa when I take a moment to enjoy watching the horses graze, or nudge each other. It is a very peaceful thing for me. I take just a moment to breathe in the spring air, feel the breeze on my skin and the sun on my face. It is such a lovely thing, really a tender mercy for me one that allows a little calm into my day. I am so lucky I have the love of family. I love my sweet Grandma and I made plans to take her to lunch over spring break because I have two glorious weeks off of work!

My Pot of Gold:
My children
Family
The Gospel
A rich supply of loving friends, I am so lucky! My best friend popped in today for a minute and then I went on an invigorating, laughter filled, walk with two very dear ones tonight. AND I get to spend the first FOUR days of Spring Break lounging with them on the beach! Pure Bliss. 
Oh, I love my job. I am making so many friends and I love my work so very much. There is so much to learn. Today I told my kids they couldn't go out to recess unless they did an Irish jig first. It was funny. You see I believe in hard work, but I also believe in having fun too. 
I am lucky because I have figured out the key to stress relief for me, exercise. I had a killer work out this afternoon. 
I am so excited! I have insurance! I have an appointment to have my leg looked at over break. I have had this done before...not totally looking forward to the ultra sound because it makes me nauseous but will be relieved to get this pesky, painful vein out! For $10 versus the $1800 I WAS going to pay!! 
I am thankful for the time I have over spring break I plan on: the beach, Dr. Appts., the temple, lunch with grandma, making strawberry jam, sneaking my kids out for lunch as they will be in school the next week, taking over car pool for my SWEET friend who has been doing it everyday for me!, Cleaning my house, reading delicious novels, cooking delicious foods, exercising, and my personal favorite..naps in my oh so comfy bed. I love my bed, spending time with friends, and celebrating my little boys birthday. Super FUN! 


Isn't life so good? It is sooo good. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home