<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Volunteer.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Volunteer.


I have a lot on my mind. Nothing is stressful or pressing, just sorting out life stuff you know, lots of thinking and analyzing my world. I like to go for a run, it helps me sort stuff out. I secretly love my really tight Under Armour pants too. Not because I look like hot stuff in them (quite the contrary) but because they feel like a hug on my legs. See older posts..reference..varicose veins. ha.

As I was about ready to begin I spied something with my little eye that brought joy to this heart of mine.

The Volunteer. (Swiss chard)

A volunteer plant is one that "self plants" from a previous crop, whether by the wind carrying the seed, a bird or any number of things. They are very desirable, I have always been taught that they are more hearty, stronger, better, and to be cared for. I have always loved a little volunteer plant. I don't know why. I can remember my Grandma pointing them out and then my Mom as a child and I can remember pieces of the discussion that went along with noticing these special little plants.


The Volunteer
By The Sunny D

A single seed unawares of its plight,
is carried by the wind on cool winter night
 It notices its diverging from its nice neat row,
landing in sea of weeds, without soft earth below

The journey it thought must have been the trip, 
upon arrival however, it sees the task
So the seed hunkers down and gets to work
it digs its own hole in that hard dirt,
With the help of soft rain and the gentle sun
the volunteer grows sure and strong

It struggles and fights for its spot in the garden
This difficult path the other seeds haven't trodden! 
Yet through the struggle, this little seed grows, it is healthy, hearty and strong
the battle waged, just for survival, has helped it become 
what it was always meant to be

And so you see
 it is with us,
Our lives sometimes get stirred up with dust, the wind may carry us
to paths unknown
The battle, the struggle of making it on our own
our character tested in a territory uncharted
Leads us to be steady, able, and sure
We blossom in that spot that was so hard for us,
 through work, faith, and a little trust.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home