<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Move Over B&@#%...........

Monday, February 4, 2013

Move Over B&@#%...........

I love these Hey Girl...things they crack me up.


From the Mouths of Babes, or 8 and 6 year olds in my case. 

Each night my kids and I read scriptures. Ok. The truth is, we read scriptures on the nights I remember. Anyway. We were all in my bed and my son looks at me with his big chocolate brown eyes, freckles and crooked teeth and says, "Mom, when are you going to get married? We need a stepdad. Our house and Dad's house need to be even, and I need a brother." 

I didn't know what to say so I just said, "Maybe you should ask Heavenly Father."

A few days later we were at In-N-Out and he said, "Hey Mom see that guy sitting over there eating with his son? His son looks nice, and he looks nice too, do you want me to see if he'd like to go on a date with you?"

To this I said, "Son. He is married, he has a ring on his finger."

I am not quite sure how to address this. I just told him not to worry so much about it. 

This morning as I was dropping the kids off to go to school, Ellie unbuckled her seat belt and said to Aydan, "Move over bit**. " I think my jaw dropped to the floor because I never say that word! ( I prefer the s word) I asked her where she heard it and she just shrugged. She said, I don't know. I gave her the that is not a nice word lecture and she admitted that she didn't know what it meant. 

I am pretty much feeling like a competent parent that has everything under control, Oh yeah, except for the fact that I put the oven on self clean and now my house smells like it got caught in an invisible fire.

I think I will just keep saying my affirmations. Unasain Daddy Long Legs came up with them and they are pretty good. We remind each other as often as we can. Here it goes: I am skinny and I am a quality man magnet. 

Good Night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home