<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Very Merry

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Very Merry

Actually, make it a Dyson and we're in business.


It is Christmas Day. I awoke early and made a quiche to take over to have breakfast with my kids and their Dad, his wife, and daughter. It was interesting, and oddly strange to be the Mother of several of the children that are opening presents. Yet, feel like you're there but invisibly hovering. I kept quiet, stayed out of the way and happily gathered my chickadee's at ten to go to our house to open presents. The kids were very happy with Christmas this year. Ellie asked me if we could bake cookies. How could I tell her no? I hadn't done any baking for the holiday's. So that is what we spent the afternoon doing. We made sugar cookies and iced them. It was fun and very Christmasy. Aydan wandered in and out of the kitchen mostly to sample and occasionally decorating a cookie or two. 

I got out my violin and played some music. My sister had two of the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack music books and recently gave one to me. I was playing some of the music from it. The music to that soundtrack is so beautiful, it gives me chills. It is very moving and I can feel the emotion of it. I think that maybe it is because I identify with it. I decided I am going to try and squeeze in some practice time each day. I forget how much playing brings me happiness. 

My Mom had to work today so the afternoon was slow and uneventful. It was wonderful! To just be home enjoying each others company! I think the perfect day. We headed over to my Mom and Dad's at about four thirty and talked on the phone to my little brother who is on a mission. It was so fun to hear from him. We then opened presents and played several games together. I can't think of anything more gratifying than spending the day with the people I love the most. I am constantly reminded how lucky I am, how many blessings I have. This life is a miraculous one. It seems that as I progress as a person and become a stronger woman that life continues to surprise me with golden nuggets. It just keeps getting better and better. 

We came home fairly late, I read Goldilocks and The Three Dinosaurs to my kids. I had washed my bedding so I made my bed. For some reason as I was making it I remembered, that there was a LONG period of time YEARS and YEARS that I would go to sleep each and every night crying. I would cry myself to sleep! I stopped for a minute thinking how odd that was, that I thought that was NORMAL, that life would never get better than that. I couldn't remember the last time I cried myself to sleep, quietly grieving as if to not let the person next to me know that I was. The ramifications of me showing emotion, of being sad were not any I had the strength to deal with. I looked at my pillow as I placed the pillow case back on it with its sunny yellow pin stripe and said a silent thank-you for the simple, yet abundant, happy life I live. I know that life can be difficult, but I also have such a brightness of hope for my future. I look forward to creating a home where kindness, and mutual love is shared. Where on a Christmas Day, sometime in the future we can just enjoy each other's company and bask in the happiness of the simple, joyful life. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home