<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Pleasie Squeezie My Trapeezie

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pleasie Squeezie My Trapeezie

No Woman, No Cry

Who doesn't love a little Bob Marley? I do. I had this massage therapist he sort of resembled Bob Marley. He was from the Caribbean, had dread locks to his shoulders. I was referred to him by a friend. He could knead my traps as if they were pizza dough, never have I had a better massage on my neck. He was funny too, I asked him where he was from the first time I met him and he said, "Wisconsin." I laughed. I carry so much stress in my shoulders, my trap muscles specifically. I have to constantly remind my self to relax. When I am stressed I will hold my shoulders all scrunched up, they almost feel like they are reaching my earlobes. The other night was no exception, there had been several long days in a row. OKAY, let's be honest WEEKS.  I felt a migraine reaching its way out from behind my eye. The kids were with their Father so I called Massage Envy to see if I could get in to my beloved neck kneader. To my dismay I was informed he had left Massage Envy. I have a couple other guys there that I like but they were all booked. So I asked if there was anyone who was a comparable massage therapist to my Caribbean. She said there was a new guy and he was JUST like him with an 8pm appointment opening. I scheduled my appointment. I ran errands and got some things done that needed to be done then went to my 8 pm appointment.


I was looking forward to just checking out for an hour. I met my new massage therapist. He was young, very shy but you could tell a sweet guy. He started the massage and lets just say if the Caribbean was like a skilled pizza dough maker, this guy was like my preschoolers cutting out shapes with cookie cutters. It was OK, but NOTHING like the same technique as the other guys I go too. However, I still had a relaxing massage and I was grateful for the break. When the massage was over he stepped out of the room. I checked my makeup to make sure it wasn't smudged and walked into the hall where he was waiting with a cup of water. I thanked him, and then he proceeded to give me advice. He said, "You need to make sure to drink this water and to be drinking water all day. I want you to really drink a lot of water." ( I drink more than a gallon a day) ..........Okay, I replied. Then he looked me in the eyes and said, "Your skin is really dry. Your hands and feet are especially dry. You need to really take care of them, put lotion on them and drink a lot of water." Oookay. I said. Then as I was exiting to the lobby he stopped me and said, "You know, since your a diabetic." I looked at him probably like this picture to the right.


And I said, " I am not a diabetic." To which he said, Oh well your chart says you are. I said, well then it needs to be changed because I am not.


In my head I thought this guy is NOTHING like the Caribbean but for ONE exception.

I walked the the counter to settle the bill and the gal asked if I liked my Massage? I said, yes it was fine. She said, Is he like the Caribbean? To which I said, Why because he's black?


He sort of looked like this guy, but younger and with glasses. I left thinking SERIOUSLY? You put me with a guy not because of his ability but because they are both black? I was without words. Literally. No words.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home