<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Love, Work, Be Kind to Others and Yourself

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Love, Work, Be Kind to Others and Yourself

The most flattering pictures are the best

 I have been so busy lately that I feel like I haven't even had the chance to sit and think. I am not sure if this is healthy or not. Probably not. I am happily and anxiously engaged teaching. Today I taught Linking Verbs Yoga. The kids were restless at the end of the day and so I made them all stand up around the room, they had to say a linking verb and then breathe in deeply and hold the yoga pose for 10 seconds. We got through about five poses before they started chatting and I made them sit down. I think I have found a key here to learning though. One can only sit for so long. Especially when one is 9 or...in my case 35.
I took a Yoga class Tuesday night and it was wonderful, I felt the tension in my shoulders relax! A Coldplay song came over the ipod and for some reason tears started to flow out of my eyes. I was tired and embarrassed, but I have heard yoga can do this to people sometimes. It may also have had something to do with hormones.  I was surrounded by three beautiful women friends. Yet, I did not want them to see. I had a heaviness about me that I couldn't shake off.
Then next day my sweet children went to their Dad's. I was exhausted from the week, I am still adjusting to working full time and all of the pro's and con's of it. I decided I needed to head to the temple. I needed some peace of mind. I was so tired I almost bagged it, and went home to bed. I am glad I didn't. I found that as I was serving others, I received the relief I needed. I literally felt the weight of all my "problems" lift.
It is so evident to me how much "self care" is taking a role in my life. I have to concentrate on balancing my life because of the few spare minutes I have each day. As I have tried to balance certain aspects of my life I find that I have peace and am relaxed. I am calm and can have fun. I notice that I look forward to the time I get to spend with my own children. In fact, I can't wait for it. Tuesday I went to yoga, Wednesday I went to the temple, today I worked form 7am-6pm and then drove straight to my cousins where I chopped a chunk of hair off. It feels so much lighter and healthy and pretty. I also had a FULL highlight job which I haven't had in 9 MONTHS, because I couldn't afford it. My sweet cousin has been a blessing to me, helping me with my hair so I could get by. As it started to really grow out I noticed a new spattering of grays among ashy blond hair, which began to give me the overall look of a regular old field mouse. Looking like a field mouse is never compatible with SINGLE 35 year old woman who enjoys dating. So I have met physical needs, spiritual needs and emotional needs because you get to visit at the salon. Plus my Mom was there for the first part so that was fun. 
I can't wait for the three day weekend. I have all of these fun idea's up my sleeves. One of them is laying on the couch and watching movies and snuggling with my kids. I hope it warms up a little because I'd like to spend some time outside, hiking, or at the park, or a picnic. SOMETHING as long as the sun and grass and me and the kids are involved. 
I'm pretty lucky. I am lucky to have truly found happiness. I feel like my heart is bursting open with sunshine streaming out of it. I have found the key to joy and it is a simple formula. Love, Work, be Kind to others and yourself. That's it. 
It's a good life. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home