<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Resolve???

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Resolve???


When I am not feeling so sunny, I remember this picture. Then I think, life isn't that bad.


A few New Years resolutions. I have been thinking about this today. What do I resolve to do this year? I like that as a new year approaches it gives pause to contemplate the past and evaluate what changes need to be made for the future. My memory fails me sometimes so I looked at last years post to remind me of where I was at the end of 2011. The holidays are hard, especially hard if you are divorced and share your children and are alone. I don't care who you are or how positive your attitude is. I have to say that I am pleased with my progress. It has been slow, especially if I compare myself to others. Which, one should never do. The time line goes as follows:
  • December/ January 2011- Divorce Final/ Emotional and Broken
  • December/January 2012- Healthier/Some Cynicism/Still Emotional
  • December/January 2013- Happy, Healthy, Some struggles but managing them, and OH yeah, I have been divorced for two years this January but had to look back at last years resolutions to remember that. 
This last year I made a lot of personal head way, I reached goals I never thought I would and I learned through DAILY PRACTICE to be happy. I ran a marathon, and a Ragnar relay. I lost a big chunk of weight, I made it through the toughest summer yet as a single Mom with the Ex losing his job. I refocused on the things that were truly important. I embraced a healthier lifestyle. I read the Book of Mormon. I ran a successful preschool and at the tail end of 2012 took a teaching position and began or maybe continued a successful teaching career thus far. I truly learned to love running kids around to practices, tutoring and enjoyed Saturday morning games. I was so blessed to have deep, lasting, loving, relationships with friends and family. I learned how to be a better friend. I quit soda and therefore my bad habit of not keeping the sabbath day holy. I have experienced some of the hardest things this year and some of the best things too. My only resolution last year was to BE HAPPY. It seems so simple doesn't it but at the time I made that resolution being happy was hard. Now, being happy is just the way to BE. I am happy because life IS happy, I have learned to find joy in the little things. So as I ponder what I want to work on this year, I sift through my list of short comings. I have not quite nailed down my resolutions but I do know the area's I need to work.

1) Deepen my personal commitment to the Savior
2) Now that I am working full time I am struggling with when to work out, as I am so tired at night but have to be to work by 7:30 am. Which means having a pretty early morning already, but exercise is a key to personal happiness for me. So do I commit to another race for motivation? How do I work this into my new schedule and how do I motivate myself to work out in the afternoon when I get home after a long day?
3) Preparing healthy meals I can feel good serving to my family with my new crazy schedule? How. Because my first week of work we hit up In-N-Out, I made mac n cheese one night, and opened a can of soup another night and THAT seemed like hard work. 
4) Read all of my BOOK CLUB BOOKS
5) Get enough sleep..nightowlitis
6) Take time to continue to emotionally connect with each of my children EVERY DAY
7)  Quench my curiosity and thirst for adventure
8) Keep my house neat and tidy or else I get stressed out if its dirty and messy
9) Prepare more efficiently financially for the future

These are the things I am thinking about, I hope to have a more definite list of resolutions by the end of this week. Good Luck making your resolutions too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home