<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Sisters. A Boy's View and Mine Too.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Sisters. A Boy's View and Mine Too.


A day without freckles is like a night without stars.....

I love this boy. We had a conversation last night about sisters. Aydan said, he sometimes wished he could be an only child and not have to deal with sisters. I told him he probably felt like that right now, but when he got older he would be glad he has a sister. I told him he was lucky because he would never be lonely. He couldn't really see my side of things yet. I guess at 8 going on 9 sisters are pretty much a pain. 

When I was his age though, all I could ever dream about was being a sister. Finally, after my long 9 year wait, Mom had a baby girl. My sister. Oh how I loved her, and was so jealous of her at the same time. I wasn't always the best sister, I teased...just like my son in this picture...and the one below Aydan and Ellie look like they are hugging, the truth is he was trying to choke her. 

Aren't they they cutest? Do you see the mischievousness in his eyes... What would I ever do without these two? Aydan said, Mom you are the best Mom and he held my hand as we were talking. I replied, You know you are just the perfect son..my sonshine. Heavenly Father knew just what he was doing when he made you mine. 

 And. It's true. This little boy can melt my heart in a second. He just has to look at me with that jack-o-lantern smile and chocolate chip eyes. He will often say, "Mom, is there anything I can do for you? What can I help with, what do you need done?" I would love to say this is due to my great parenting skills. The truth of the matter is this is just my Ader*tater. He has such a sweetness about him. Having him close by brings a sense of calm to me. I am grateful for this little Lego loving boy.  I am grateful for sisters too. I have one. One beautiful sister.



Isn't she? She is, inside and out. I am so lucky. Jared her cute husband is pretty lucky too, well they both are! I love my sister and her new hubster. I am excited to help her they JUST bought their first house AND I get to help her decorate!.....and unpack...but decorating is so much more fun!

A cabin trip with the book club girls MANY years ago.....

This is another group of women I will call my sisters. We have been in the same book club for a decade. I just got back from our monthly meeting of the "minds." I love these girls. I don't think there 's any other night in the month that I can cry, disagree, ponder,  agree, and then laugh till I cry. We know each other so well and have been through so many ups and downs. Book club is a treat, and it is a treat because of this group of SISTAS. I laughed so hard tonight my friend told us that her two year old grabbed her phone and "liked" all of HER OWN pictures on Facebook. She said everyone started to comment on the pictures saying things like.....you never change..etc. She was like YEAH because that is the same picture that has been on there for five years..OH HOW WE LAUGHED..tears were streaming down our faces. I had to cut out early..early being oneish...SIGH, how lucky am I? I have been thinking of all the ways I am lucky the last week or so...Lucky to have sisters, lucky to have a son, a daughter. Lucky in so many glorious ways.

Tootaloo.





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home