<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Can it be true?

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Can it be true?

I'm ready to close the gap.


Oh...how I love to travel.

I love it so much. 

I get the itch every so often, I may go to Mexico for a few days over Spring Break but that won't scratch the itch.  I want to go somewhere I am anonymous, inconsequential to the everyday happenings of the people. If I could I would go to my beloved France. Je taime. Sigh.

I am hoping..HOPING that I get to go ahead with my plans to go to Spain this summer. I have my Rick Steve's Spain 2013, I just need a plane ticket now. The only thing is.... I also need a car. Soon. The car I am driving isn't mine. ( It is a 2003 with 210,000 miles on it) It is my Dad's and he is letting me "lease" it while my brother is in Mexico City serving a two year mission. I miss that boy! I will be happy when he comes home but sad to lose my car. He will be home in August and I am trying to save as much as I can so I can buy a car without a big payment. I hope my brother doesn't mind that I added some Ragnar stickers to his car. My fingers are crossed that all goes well and I can do both. I love to have things like that to look forward too! Trips! 

You know, I have been thinking a lot lately. About travel, life and the things I am passionate about. It was maybe a year ago that I was really struggling with life. You know, just a rough patch. I had so many worries and responsibilities and I wondered if I would ever find a partner in crime that would match me. There are so many things I like to do and yet I have not met a man that feels like he would be a good fit. I do enjoy dating, sort of. :) At the time I guess I just felt discouraged. I had been dating several guys and they would like some of the things I liked which is FINE but would also question why I did the the things I did...like blog. I blog because I like to write. I have these feelings that I can't say and I sometimes just have to put them somewhere. It is important for me to feel like I have a voice. I love to travel, I have dated men who never want to travel they are just happy being where they are. Boring. OKAY. BOR-ING. I love my home, and I love my family because they are home but I looooove adventure. I thirst for it. Not go to Disney adventure either. Real life adult adventure. I love to teach and sometimes I work very hard at it. Sometimes I spend too much time on it, but I am alone a lot you see and so I pour my time into the things that I love. I love the gospel, I have a solid testimony. I am who I say I am, I go to church every Sunday, I like to go to the temple every other week or so if I can. ( oh shoot! I have to renew that thing!) I teach an adult class at church. Some men are not so dedicated, and that is okay for them but I would like to go on a mission some day. I want someone who would like to come to the temple with me without me having to beg. I just don't want to drag someone by their coat tails. I want a man who is dedicated because of his OWN testimony, and if he would like to serve a mission in the French Temple in a few decades AWESOME! I love to be outside, I love the sun on my shoulders and I will even sing the John Denver song that goes along with it too. I love to sing fake opera in my house and during sacrament meeting and I love the movies a diet coke and popcorn but only at Harkins. I also love to play board games with my family on Sunday nights and not your run of the mill Monopoly or Scrabble games either. I love to cook, and I love to eat out at new restaurants. I love Last Chance. I love shoes, I would really love a guy that would at least tolerate me going to Last Chance and buying shoes, and maybe eating at a new yummy restaurant we have never tried. There is an helper at school who is a man and commented that I have CRRAZZZZY shoes. He was talking about my red Tom's Wedges. Hmph. Those are actually pretty tame.  I love to work out and run and hike and ride bikes, but my bike is broken so maybe if there was a guy that would help me fix my bike that would be great. Oh, and help me take down those darn Christmas lights that the HOA just fined me $15 for because I haven't had the chance to take them down yet. 

You see, I can do all of these things by myself. It would just be way more fun if I could be the shotgun rider. So back to a year ago and the rough patch. I had a blessing, I had met with my Bishop and after sharing my struggles he offered to give one to me. In it it said, there is a man who is prepared for you and he will support/share your passions. Sometimes I think, Can this be true? Is that possible? It must be. I hope so. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home