<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Worst Field Trip EVER.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Worst Field Trip EVER.

Boyce Thompson Arboretum. So beautiful.


The fourth grade TRIED to go on a field trip today.

Tried being the key word. It was the last day before Spring Break and we teachers and students were all excited for our desert adventure. I hadn't been to Boyce Thompson Arboretum since I was in 4th grade myself! I awoke early this morning to pounding on my window,  a heavy rain. I woke up PRAYING, PRAYING that the rain would stop so we could go on our field trip. It didn't. We went anyway.

We arrived to a lull in the down pour however about five minutes into our hike the rain came down in TORRENTS.  My jacket was soaked through and my backpack was so wet that my field trip permission slips were soggy. My class huddled together in a bunch as "Steve" who was a grumpy host lectured us about cacti. The kids were so good. They sat and listened until the other host approached and asked if we anted to go back home and I said a resounding, "YES." Along with my sweet parent volunteers who braved the rain with me! What wonderful kids and parents I have. We walked back to the bus and drove the hour back to school. We missed half a day of school, all of the time was spent sitting on the bus. It was a bummer. Luckily, we can reschedule.

Even though the field trip was a bust, I can't help but be so grateful for the kids who were so patient. The parents who were SERIOUSLY good sports and such a support to me. As we headed back to school I realized I did not have a back up plan, plus it was the day before Spring Break and it was supposed to be a fun one! One of the parents so kindly ran home and grabbed some games and a movie for my class. It ended up being a pretty great day. 

At the close of the day I tidied up my room and headed home. I then promptly flopped on to my glorious bed for a nap! I was exhausted. I will have to go back to Boyce Thompson Arboretum it really is a beautiful place. It would b a really fun place to go on a date, or maybe even take my kids on a little field trip of our own. 

I am supposed to be packing for the beach. I can't wait, this time tomorrow I will be sitting around the fire and talking and laughing with my close friends.  A much anticipated and needed renewal. 


TTFN. The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home