<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: What I Know About Dating

Sunday, April 28, 2013

What I Know About Dating

A really great date right here.


I know a lot about dating, it's true just ask my girlfriends and all of the great advice I give them....... Or, all of the great advice they give me, OR the same advice that we just shuffle back and forth to each other. It's the blind leading the blind I tell you. 

Here are a few things I HATE about being Mormon and dating:

1. At first can we just date for fun? What is with this secret mental thing that goes on when you think..Could this possibly be my eternal companion? HEY..HEY! Don't act like I am weird for saying that out LOUD it is TRUE AND I HATE IT. Where did this come from, and how did it get ingrained in our brains? Can a date just be a DATE?  

2. I don't really know what else I hate about being Mormon and dating. I think that is pretty much it, as far as the Mormon part goes.

What I do know for sure about dating:

1. I think most people aren't very good at it, unless you are a serial dater and have made it your life long profession. If you are really good at it, it is time for you to get off the schtick and get married. 

2. The first date is always awkward, just a little you know so you should always go on a second date just to see. 

3. My kids are not baggage. I was told that children were baggage. Guess what, if you think my children are baggage. I don't want to date you anyway. 

4. Confidence is good, opinions are good. I like a guy that has good solid opinions about stuff, especially if they are different from my own and challenge my way of thinking. Now that is exciting stuff, you will earn a second date.

5. If I have been hanging out with you for a while and say, hey your cool we should date. That does not mean: 1. I only want to date you. 2. We are getting married 3. Your the best thing that has come into my life since nachos. It means. You're Cool. Let's go on some dates. 

6. Keeping the Commandments, is HOT. Period. 

7. Not all women are gold diggers. It is true, there are some of us who just want to get to know YOU and what you are all about, what you like or don't like. 

8. Don't be afraid of my confidence OR sometimes LACK of it. I am a woman, and that should explain everything. 

9. Don't kiss me on the first date. I'll think your desperate, and you probably are. A little mystery is good, it will keep me coming back for more. 

10. If you chase me too hard I will run away. FAST. In the other direction. However, if you are a slow mover, you will confuse me. 

11. Please brush your teeth. 

12. I think the most fun thing EVER about dating is when you meet someone and you like them, and when you STILL like them after 5 dates or so and then when you get those little butterfly things in your tummy. That. IS. Awesome. Because, actually that doesn't happen very much for me. You know, there are people who fall in and out of "love" fairly easily. I am not that person, if I like you enough to get the butterfly things you are pretty cool in my book. 

13. I think it is really cute when you get all ready. 

14. Being Dependable is really attractive.

15. Hold my hand and open my door, buy me popcorn at the movies, if you like me. 



That's it.  

The Sunny D  XOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home