<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Huntington Beach Highlights.......

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Huntington Beach Highlights.......


On my way to Huntington Beach

 Day two was great. I tend to be a little anti-social. I know if you know me well you would say...WHAT? It is true. As we arrived at the beach the sheer number of people is enough to make me want to retreat home. However, I made the best of it. I enjoyed the sun soaking into my skin. The sound of the waves. I just laid down on my towel popped my headphones in and pretended I was the only one there. I did play a few games of sand volleyball, which I love. I walked to the ocean where a few of my friends were and RC taught me how to catch sand crabs, they were so gross and cool at the same time. We decided they were the cockroaches of the sea. I realized one reason why I was at this conference. I ran into another recently Mrs. who is now a Ms. This was her first conference and I think it was good that I was a friendly face and I could introduce her to my friends. It is a shock entering this world of singlehood in your 30's. Church activities are not any different than being any where else in any group in the world. She said, "I hate this it feels like high school." I tend to think it feels more like Jr. High. Those were some special years, Jr. High. The thing is I have nothing to prove to anyone there. I don't care if I am in the "cool" group, I know who I am and I am good with that. It is a good place to be. My friend and I talked, she was confused because her ex keeps telling her he wants to get back together.

Tell me about it.
I know all about that.

I told her what I knew and I am going to put a few more things here that I wish I had said.  You see her situation and mine are so incredibly similar it is scary. But then again, Satan has a plan. It is a really good one, he knows how to break up families and he doesn't have to reinvent the wheel because what he does and how he does it works. I told her to thank Heavenly Father every time he continues to break your heart. Those are tender mercies from the Lord, showing you that what you have done is the right thing. So be thankful.  I wanted to tell her the reason he keeps trying to come back again and again is because he KNOWS, his SPIRIT KNOWS that she is a bright star. She is THE BEST thing that will ever happen to him, now and in the future. No woman, however beautiful or young, or smart will EVER be her. Ever. That is why he keeps coming back because her virtue is beautiful and she was only his. Was being the key word here. He is fighting this awful internal battle between his spirit and the natural man. He just keeps letting the natural man win and he wants it all, the natural man always does. But you cannot serve two masters, and choices have consequences, and bad choices have consequences that you can't control. That is an eternal principle. I wish I had told her that she will heal, that life is so beautiful, to enjoy the peace that has been missing in her life for so long. I wish I could have told her what I learned on Sunday but it was Saturday, so I hadn't learned it yet. SO I will write about it later. Maybe.

So the beach was good. That evening they closed down Balboa Pier. It was fun. We went for a couple of hours.



I was talking to my Mom last night and she said, "Remember when you said to me, but I don't KNOW anybody." I do remember that. A few years ago I was so lonely, I didn't have friends that I could turn too. I am so grateful for my blessings. I love my friends. I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned. I have walked a long dusty road but now the road is grassy, there are trees and flowers. Birds are singing and I am so lucky. It's true. I'll tell you ALL about it in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home