<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: I Love You, Efan.......

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Love You, Efan.......



Oh. My. Goodness. I love this little girl so much, for the last few days she has been entertaining us with a British Accent. She has a Spanish accent too. (I think they are the same accent) She keeps repeating the line from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, "Daddy, I want a pony. I want one now!"


 For a long time whenever a date would come to pick me up she would say,

"Oh, Hi Efan." (She has a little problem pronouncing"th")

The date would always ask me as we left my house, Huh??Who's Ethan? Always. I would just smile a half smile and shrug my shoulders like I was saying, "None of your business who Efan is." The truth of the matter is I don't know ANY ETHAN'S! Not ONE. I have never dated and EFAN (Ethan) OR had a friend name Ethan. I have dated a handful of David's (stay away from the David's), and men who have other names but to Ellie, THEY WERE ALL EFAN'S. Man, that cracked me up! I could not WAIT for the moment a date would come in and Ellie would say, Hi Efan. I loved that moment of confused perplexity on the dates faces. I thought it was JUST the BEST thing and broke my anxiety enough to actually get out the door with the date. She doesn't say that anymore and pretty much gets everyone's names right, but sometimes I wish she would just call them ALL EFAN. 



So. This is me when I started work. I have since put on 7 pounds. SEVEN. Two of those could be female hormone related and disappear by next week. BUT THE OTHER FIVE. I know. I know. YOU are probably thinking, what is 5 pounds. Well, it's the difference between a size 8 and a size 10 that's what. The fine line between me feeling good and feeling chub a dubs, between having a food tube roll over your waist band and NO FOOD TUBE. Phoenix Half Marathon...here I come.

Why do girls take pictures of themselves in the mirror? Or making faces in their phone? I couldn't tell you, I do it all the time. Apparently, I also take lots of pictures of my feet. I guess this runs in the family because this was a picture my Mom took on Sunday. We all decided my second long toe could TOTALLY take the place of my pinky finger, if I ever needed to replace my pinky finger. (My foot is bottom left.) Seriously, that is a TALL toe.












Cool Cucumber, I sure missed this guy! He came over Saturday night for a visit, every girl needs a calm BFF like him. He is just the best. Any girl that snatches him up will be a lucky one, I tell you. He is such a kind, loving, good guy. I am so lucky to have him as my friend. AND NO we are NOT DATING, NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL. Just the best of friends.


This was yesterday. Picture Day. I officially started back to work last week. I have been working in my classroom this week. WHAT A JOB. Plus, it is HOT. I have to wear this stupid, uncomfortable compression sock that squishes my thigh. Ellie told me I had a chubby thigh the other day. I have to agree with her. It sure looks like it with the sock squishing it. It feels like my leg is wearing a medieval corset. I was able to take the tape that protected the incisions off today. It looks pretty good, if you look past the bruises and the fact that it looks like someone attacked my whole leg with a bat. One more week. ONE MORE WEEK and I will be leg corset FREE. The truth is, how lucky am I to have this awful vein removed at 100% coverage? I am so grateful. I have lots of blessings. I have had help in my classroom all week so far. I have more help coming tomorrow. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such wonderful, loving and helpful friends. I have so much work to do right now. I have so much, that I couldn't clear my mind to focus on it so I decided to blog. I worked all day, ate dinner, went out to Lakeshore Learning and just arrived home at about 9. I can't believe Summer is over. It went by WAY too fast, but I love my job and am happy to be back on a normal routine with my babies. I hope this is is a great school year!


Random Thoughts, Cheers Efan!
XOXO-The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home