<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Flowers On My Table and Feather's In My Cap

Monday, June 24, 2013

Flowers On My Table and Feather's In My Cap



My sweet date Friday night showed up with flowers. Doesn't that just make your heart melt? It made my heart melt. They are such beautiful, happy flowers too. Those are Sunny D flowers. I can't tell you how happy that made me. It is the simple things I tell you, the thoughtful things that make a girl feel like  a million bucks.

Earlier that day I had gone to the temple. It was such a beautiful sunny day. I walked past this dahlia (I think). It made me so happy, yellow is my favorite color. I stopped to look at them and think for a minute, to enjoy the calm, peaceful, feeling I had before rushing back home to get a whole bunch of stuff done. It was the first thing I did once I had a free moment and the kids were with their Dad. I needed to go to the temple.

A few fun things we have done this summer. I took the kids and their Texas cousins to the Science Center. Aydan won the tickets on the radio. He was tickled pink!
 Ellie had a few friends over for a "craft day" they had snacks and decorated paper dolls with some of my fabric and trim scraps. It was so fun having these little girls over. Each and everyone of them is a GEM.




They turned out really cute! I found the paper dolls and ideas at this website, so fun and easy!  Fabric Scrap Dolls HERE

Ellie and I went to As You Wish to paint pottery. She picked a Gecko, but painted it pink and purple and turquoise. We gave it eyelashes too. Ellie got to do all of these fun things because Aydan was in a TWO week summer school program through Gilbert Public Schools called" Music Theater Workshop."  It is an AMAZING class for kids to take in the summer. He just loved it! They basically put on a WHOLE musical in two weeks. The kids learn "acting" parts, singing, solo's and dance numbers. It is a huge undertaking. They then put on this crazy-good performance at the end of the two weeks.

 The whole family was in attendance. Left to Right: Jared, Morgan, Grandma, Mom and Dad
 Then Ellie and I

I only took VIDEO of the show! Aydan's Dad was stuck on a plane and couldn't make it in time so I was trying to tape it for him and his Step Mom. Here is my cute, sweaty, boy after the show. He worked HARD! OH, and they each get a cool t-shirt. I love him so much. I don't think I could have been blessed with a better boy. He is so AWARE of Ellie and I. He asks me all the time, "Mom, what can I do to help you today." I am NOT KIDDING, AND he just came that way. There was NO special training from me that is for sure. For several nights in a row he has sent a paper airplane down from upstairs with a love note on it for me. OR a love note on my bed. He is a JOY and the apple of my eye.


We also have gone to Gilbert Public Schools Free Lunch Program a couple of times. It is fun because we usually run in to several friends! It is a full service lunch that is free to children age 1-18. Parents don't eat for free but at a really low cost. I just brought along my protein shake. There are site's available all throughout Gilbert, we go to Greenfield Jr. High. It gives me a nice break and the kids see friends...a win win. They also serve free breakfast EVERYDAY. Do you know what a lifesaver it is when we are running around everywhere and then WHAM its time for lunch. It's great.


Last but not least Elliegirl lost BOTH of her front teeth. I love that little toothless peanut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home