<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Momma, Why YOU Should Go To the Public Pool This Year

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Momma, Why YOU Should Go To the Public Pool This Year


Okay this is at Sunsplash. I was so pretty and tan last year. Yesterday was the first day my white skin really saw the sun this summer. Aren't these two girl's the cutest. They are M&M and I's mini me's. Now, you must let me tell you about the public pool. 
 The public pool. Look at these girls, Ellie is leading Livy along. I love those girls. I have a challenge for all you Mommas out there. Married, Single, In a Relationship, Just had a baby, etc. YOU. I want YOU to go to the public pool, and this is why. (Side Note) Well first of all I just bought my new swimsuit.
Here I am outside the public pool, casually leaning up against the car in 108 degrees. Isn't this the cutest suit? I love it because it covers up my problem areas. It is REALLY modest and I LOVE IT. I didn't actually wear it to the pool today. Now, let me tell you a little bit about the public pool my friends.
You MUST go. You may even come with me the next time I go. Do you know WHY? The public pool is filled with ALL kinds of NORMAL people in swimsuits. ALL KINDS. I have always had a slight body image problem, what I see in the mirror isn't always what I really look like. After a lot of hard work, I now have a good body image AND a healthy relationship with food. By saying good body image I mean: That I don't beat myself up over things I can't really change, and accepting and appreciating the good things about my body and HEALTH. As, I was walking around the pool sans board shorts, I noticed that I looked pretty OK. I mean I was looking around at all the Mom's and even the teenage lifeguards and I thought, wow. All of these women were here and they were all beautiful, every single one of them. Each one of us had flaws sure, but we were all there working. We were all there watching and protecting children. We were all united, one-pieces, two-pieces, cellulite, tattoos, scars, and saggy parts. Every single one of us had things that were beautiful one woman flashed a mega watt smile, I noticed one with eyelashes so long, dark and thick. I paid $70 to have eyelashes like that once. One woman had thick brown hair, and another had an infectious laugh. One woman had abs of steel and another had strong muscular legs. One had a dusting of freckles all over her body, angel kisses. Every one was different, everyone was beautiful and not ONE of us was airbrushed. Imperfect Perfection. I don't have to look like a magazine ad at the public swimming pool. I sat in the sun, my favorite thing to do with one of my dearest, most darling friends. We were joined by another friend, and another, and another. Unplanned. How lucky is that? How FUN is that? It is nice to just be me, in a swimsuit, OK with me. You know? Oh, and a bonus is the kids played and played and played. It is beyond cheap to get in. They came home cranky and worn out and are now sleeping peacefully. 

My dry skin after two days in the sun and chlorine. Sad. My friend sent me a picture of her hand she was lamenting over the fact that she thought she had an AGE spot. Age spot? I said, Isn't that just a freckle? I have tons of them all over my body. Arms, Legs, Face, Shoulders, Chest, Back. I sent her this picture and she said, no those are definitely age spots. I choose to disagree, they are angel kisses. Age spots are for old people. I am not old. Dry skin? Yes. Old? No.

What do you say? Let's go to the public pool.
XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home