<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: TGIF and Date Night

Saturday, June 8, 2013

TGIF and Date Night



Friday Night Art Walk at Studio Six-the studio that I learned how to make blown glass. This is their showroom.

I went on a date tonight to the first Friday night art walk in Phoenix. It was so interesting and fun. I was able to meet several artists and learn about their art. It was right up my alley. The Phoenix first Friday night art walk is....the first Friday of every month. There were serious artists and craftsman and a little mud wrestling and music to make it JUST that much more interesting. Plus it is free. I highly recommend it for a change of pace. I have to say it was so nice being treated to a lovely date. We first went to a restaurant in downtown Phoenix called The Blue Hound Kitchen. Pretty much deeeelish, as my date stated. We ordered a whole bunch of things and just shared them all: Tater tots..to die for, the farm salad with fresh beets that made me smile. I love beets. Sauteed cauliflower with currents, capers and pistachio's and this fantastic trout dish with fresh peas a Meyer lemon sauce over a bed of spinach. The mixture of flavors were all new to me and I really enjoyed every bite.
The ambiance was lovely and we sat at the table against the window in the far back overlooking downtown Phoenix. I felt quite grown up and special.
Some of the hand blown glass pieces.

I am so thankful for nice friends that take me on these fun dates. The conversation was easy and good, we had lots to talk about both of us share a love of art and travel. Two of my passions. It was a great night.

For the record: I FIXED MY PRINTER. ALL BY MYSELF!!! If you read yesterday's post you know just how frustrated I was! I also have an appointment to have my hair done on Tuesday, no more gray hair..YAY!

I had to write to wind down, I arrived home at about midnight and I couldn't sleep. You know, life is wonderful.

XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home