<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Summer Chaos

Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Chaos


I have so many things I want to get done! This summertime schedule is killing me. I was up at 6:30 and went to the gym first thing. I feel good about that, I think this is what is keeping me sane. I went home, made breakfast for the family and a protein shake for me. I had Aydan work on his KUMON homework through tears and him angrily saying, I HATE KUMON. WHY did you make me take it in the first place? I really wanted to say, "Remember that C you earned in math second quarter last year....." I didn't. I just said, I know you don't like it but you have improved so much in Math. I know it is helping you. ( He went from
a C to A's in Math for the rest of the year) I also said, if you hurry and get started you will be done by the time I am done making your breakfast. Sometimes the hat I have to wear is "Mom. The Diplomat"
After everyone getting dressed, and doing Ellie's hair I had a bout 45 minutes until I had to shuttle the kids off to piano lessons. I went to work straightaway on the preschool room.

Does this make you want to cry??? Good. Me too. I moved the metal cabinet out into the hall and I am determined to get it down the stairs and into the garage with Aydan's help. That is right. The other hat I am wearing today is Mom AKA The Rock.
<----That is the metal cabinet. Blocking the kids from their rooms.

While the kids were at piano I had to return a printer I had purchased at Wal-Mart because it wasn't compatible with my computer. I lost the receipts. Yup. I ended up being LUCKY they took it back because they only accept returns up to $50 and the printer was $59. I was happy about that, they were nice. I ran around the store picking up some necessary groceries in the hour my kids were at piano and then headed home.

I then shuttled Aydan to Kumon, and I have now sat down to write all about it. I have to pick him up in about ten minutes, feed him lunch and then drive him to summer music theater where he will be until 4:30. I hope to make a HUGE dent in the preschool room during that time.

In all of this driving around chaos, I decided the smartest thing for me to do would be to make two or three "HAVE-TO" goals. Today those are: Gym, Preschool Room for 1 hour, and work on eBay for one hour. If I get more than that done I am doing great. I also have some must do goals like work on sight words with Ells and take her swimming for 30 minutes or so AND bake our Apple PIE which she has been begging me to do for five days. Plus, we have a family "reunion"/ FHE with the extended family tonight to say bon voyage to one of my best cousins. I am excited to see everyone.

Work doesn't scare me. In fact, I like to work. What I don't like is not getting done all I want to in a day. For me THAT is the challenge and the reason one of my personal Mantra's is, MY BEST IS GOOD ENOUGH.

Here's to all of us doing our best this summer, juggling home, kids, family, and friends.


XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home