<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Let's Redecorate!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Let's Redecorate!

This is the space that is ready for redecoration. 

The Preschool Room. 

I moved into my home downsizing from about 4,000 square feet to 1,700. Oh, boo-hoo you say? You're right. Here is the problem..what do you do with 4,000 square feet of stuff? You have a massive garage sale, that's what! Anyway, I am just in love with my cottage home. There are just a few problems. 

1. My treadmill is in the dining nook. You have to squeeze and maneuver around it to sit down to eat. Not very Feng Shui....I am sure. 

2. My office is in the hall upstairs. SO if the desk isn't scrupulously clean all the time the hall looks messy. 

3. All of my craft stuff/sewing stuff/home business stuff is crammed into my bedroom. SO my bedroom basically doubles as my craft room. 

4. Every nook and cranny is used. EVERY SINGLE ONE. 


So, if you have read my blog you know that this year in the middle of the year I took a teaching job. The preschool continued on in my home until the end of the school year. So now the preschool room is free for me to RE*DO. 

Here is what has been circling around in my mind.........how do I create a space that is craft room/office/work out room/sitting room? Yet, here is the clincher STILL be pleasing to my eye and a place I want to spend my time? A place for my children to create and spend their time? 

What do I do with all of this stuff? 

Seriously. I have tons of preschool stuff. TONS.
Oh. My garage is also a storage unit. I have a whole library of books in there. IT is true! 

So I am excited with the prospect of freeing up some space in the hall and in my closets, fabric can be removed from under my bed. Sewing machines will have a place to go. There will be a quiet place for kids to paint, read, do homework etc. A designated spot for working out, that isn't right next to where we eat with jump ropes, medicine balls, yoga mats and weights overflowing into the space. 

So, I am thinking. This is what I do when there is a problem at hand to solve. I mull it over and chew on it until a solution comes to mind. I am excited to see what I come up with. Now, I must get to work because FIRST I have to clear all of the preschool stuff out and do a really good deep cleaning of the area. 

Wish ME luck. I'll post pictures so you can see what I come up with. 

XOXO The Sunny D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home