<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Family Night Extended Edition

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Family Night Extended Edition

My pictures are really crummy. I was trying to calm children and take pictures and talk to my family members all at once. I am a really good multi-tasker. This is my cute cousin Justine she was tenderly sitting by Grandma having a little conversation. Grandma hurt her wrist and told each of us about it. I love her so much, and I am pretty sure that I don't ever want to be 92. She is 92! Sharp as a tack that cute Grandma of mine.

In our church each Monday night is set aside as a night to spend with the family. There is usually a lesson, singing and treats. When I was growing up we had a BIG family night once a month. I looked forward to those nights, it was a highlight of the month to go to the park, eat delicious food, and play with my cousins. My Aunt Patti had the grand idea to have family night at Peter Piper Pizza. I think they have improved their pizza, it actually wasn't as cardboard like as I remember it. PLUS, the kids each received 30 tokens to play as many games as they wished. It was air conditioned, none of us had to cook copious amounts of food to feed everyone AND none of us had to scour our houses to host the party, to then have our houses left in shambles as if you had never cleaned one thing. For the Mom of small children it was pretty much AWESOME. This is my beautiful cousin Stacey. She and her family are moving to Missouri. I will miss her terribly.

Aydan and Dane, second cousins playing.

My sister, Me and Momma

My Mom and two of my favorite Aunts, all of these women were influential in my childhood and upbringing. Each has their own story of courage, strength and beauty. I love them.

This is Aubree pretty much a cousinsister. We were born six months apart and were pretty much inseparable form that time forward. Love her.
More adorable cousins, and sister, even the boys in the background. We took over the joint. AND I found out that the cutie cousin on the left is no longer VL, now that is an INSIDE SECRET SCOOP.
A successful night of summer fun and tickets won! Ellie had a BALL she was sooo cute playing with her little second cousins.
Grandma had something important to say, it was really loud so none of us could really hear her. I think it was that there are over 70 of HER and my GRANDPA'S posterity. That is a lot just from two people!
We then had a game that was done by my Aunt Patti. It was so fun each of us won a $10 gift card to someplace. I won JUST the one I wanted, I am lucky!! Jessica won the one she wanted too, isn't she cute? She is.
This is cute Tara. If I am a wife again someday, I hope to be one just like her. She is such a great Mom too, married to my cousin Ben who was out of town working.
My cousin Paul and Matt who is married to beautiful Monica and their adorable baby Harper who JUST might be the family MASCOT she is SO DAD GUM ADORABLE.
Stacey and Monica
Lovely Vanessa, I love her. I don't have a picture of Meghan her sister who I love.
This is the ADORABLE Ava, she was in my preschool and she calls me Mrs. T's PLURAL and MAN do I just LOVE it. She won all of these beautiful rings. She is a delight this cute girl.

I was raised by a family that loves each other we adore each other, all of us. I am grateful for families they are a soft spot to land and a safe haven to grow. Plus, My Uncle told me I look YOUNG. (YESSS!) My cousin said I look healthy OR maybe it was nice...he is 22ish so that was a great compliment, Dad said I looked like a million bucks. HE would say that to anyone, especially if you are a boy and we run into my Dad he will make SURE you know just HOW LUCKY you are to be with me. It is a good ego boost. My cousin the lawyer said he reads my blog and that I am a great writer and should try to get published.

So, basically I left feeling WAY more AMAZING than I really am. Family Night is the best night.

XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home