<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Quitting Soda and STAYING OFF Tricks of the Trade

Friday, June 14, 2013

Quitting Soda and STAYING OFF Tricks of the Trade

Wow. My hand is veiny I never noticed that. It's all that iron I've been pumping. 


Holy Cow! I guess there are A LOT of us in the same situation, thank you so much for your notes and comments. Hopefully, I have pointed everyone in the right direction. So now, I have to tell you a little secret that has helped me kick the soda habit and stay off. Crystal Light Energy or its just as delicious and cheaper counterpart the Wal-Mart Great Value knock off. You can find them in the same place with the powdered drinks. My favorite flavors are strawberry, grape, and blueberry acai. 

Another staple is I make fruit infused water at home. I love lemon and lime but I like to mix it up a bit. I have put fresh pineapple in the water for a yummy pineapply taste. My favorite fruit infused water is strawberry, basil and lemon. I love cucumber and mint water or even oranges in water. So good. 

I also like Calle Herbal Tea sold by Sunrider, I love to drink it cold with ice. Cinnamon is my favorite flavor. 

I am not sure if you have noticed the over 100 degree weather outside? When it is really HOT I am at my most vulnerable to fall back into the soda habit. I mean soda is cold, tasty and cheap! The key is to be prepared!!! I have those plastic insulated cups with the lids and straws. I ALWAYS have one on me filled with water. I make sure my freezer is stocked with ice cubes. If it isn't I fall prey to my addiction because I am THIRSTY and there is a Circle K on almost every corner. Now, I know that the Crystal Light Energy has some caffeine in it. I don't drink it every day, but I figure that one non-carbonated drink once in a while to help me curb my soda habit is WAY better and healthier than a gallon or more of Diet Coke a day. There is always the regular non-caffeinated Crystal Light so if you are a purist, go for it! 

Where I run into the biggest problem is when it is hot, and I am thirsty and I have already had a GALLON of water AND I AM SICK of plain old water.  I have found that by using these little tricks it eases the urgent feeling of running to get that Coke. Before you know it you won't even blink an eye at a soda fountain because you will feel: less bloated, thinner, in control of your body, OH and my skin cleared up. YUP. It did. 

A few last tips:

I have to know that occasionally I will be able to enjoy a soda pop. That is why I said previously I allow myself to have a soda if I am at the theater. It is limited to one place and one per week, so if I see two movies in a week I will take an older Harkins Theater Cup the second time and have them fill it with ice water for me. OR if I am just detoxing and haven't finished the two weeks off of soda pop just yet, I will take an older Harkins Cup at that time as well. ( You can't get the $1.50 soda deal with the previous year's cup)

I think I am a person who enjoys having a drink in the morning, so I often make a protein shake smoothie. It makes me feel like I had that yummy drink in the morning but it is slam packed with vitamins, antioxidants and protein to keep me full until my 10 am snack. I always have frozen fruit ready in the freezer. I also just ADORE the Jamba Juice make it at home mixes. They are in the freezer isle and they are FANTASTIC! I add my scoop of protein and I am good to go. My kids even love me to make them smoothies for breakfast. I also ALWAYS have EAS, Shamrock Farms Protein Shake, or some similar pre-made brand on hand for when I am in a hurry. If you are a SERIOUS soda drinker you know what that morning wake up call for a pop feels like. This little trick has helped me immensely! I also accredit this tip to helping me keep my weight in check. 

You can usually catch me with a gallon of water in hand. That is right. I know it looks silly but there is a method to my madness. First of all, I am a cheapskate. A real, true, honest to goodness cheapskate. Did you know a GALLON of water is usually less or the same price as a 20 ounce bottle? It is! So I always buy the gallon. The other plus is I have a gallon goal each day. My goal is to drink at LEAST a gallon of water a day and if I am carrying a gallon around it is REALLY easy to tell how much water I have had. 

Good LUCK my WONDERFUL FRIENDS! You can do it! Please message me on your progress I love to hear how you are doing!! 

I just finished day 6 of the cleanse, I did have a moment of weakness on day two where I had a Diet Coke. It's true, I did. I wasn't prepared! I was caught running kids all over the town and found myself hot, tired and thirsty. Guess what? I had dropped about two pounds from the cleanse at that point, but when I weighed myself the next morning I had gained it all back! Never fear, and never give up. I just recommitted myself without guilt (Might I add) and I have done great since then. I am now noticing that soda sounds sticky, sweet, yucky and so do the two to three extra pounds! I haven't weighed myself since then but I can tell in the way my jeans fit that things are better. 

Be Prepared! Be Healthy! Be Happy!

XOXO-The Sunny D





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home