<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Savour Every Moment a String of Lucky Events

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Savour Every Moment a String of Lucky Events


And it is true. I have had a round of terrible luck mostly due to a hectic schedule. However, with that bad luck I have been so keenly aware of my blessings and the hand of the Lord in my life. I won't go into detail. I will just say, it is a good life and I know Heavenly Father loves me so. Here's how I have been savouring the moments of my life. Enjoying what I like to call a "forced social life." 


I attended an AMAZING reproduction of The Sound of Music at the Hale theater in Gilbert with my cousins, aunties, momma and grandma. It was so wonderful I purchased tickets to see Charles Dickens  A Christmas Carol with my babes. What a fun night we all had! I love all of those women. You always fit in with family. 


I went for an early morning run and I saw this little bright green worm just inching along. I felt like I had something in common with that little guy. Inch by inch...getting there. 


Ellie said, "Mom, when are we going to decorate for Halloween?" I pointed to the wreath on the door and said, "I did." Man have things gone downhill since I started working full time. The house used to be decked OUT! I have since decided that if someone has time to craft....they have too much time on their hands. At least, that is what I feel like now because I'm just trying to get dinner on the table and dishes cleaned up! 


I cleaned out my purse. I am sensing a trend. 


5:30 am run. It felt SOOOO good! I wish I could do it every morning. However, that alarm clock goes off and I think....I can run this afternoon. OH how I LOVE my warm, snug as a bug bed. 


My little sister came to watch Colbie Calliet with me at the Arizona State Fair. We had so much fun, and she got to meet a handful of the gaggle. How I love my sister so! Isn't she beautiful? So beautiful.


The gaggle and JB there in the back after the concert. Colbie was SO GOOD live! 

DR and I....isn't he handsome??? Spanish Sassafras sure thinks so! 

A few of the gaggle and the wolf pack. It is such a great thing to have friends. This was after Colbie Calliet.


And....a kangaroo. At another party....reminds me of another marsupial at a singles party................What's with the marsupials does anyone remember the SUGAR GLIDER???

From 2012...apparently to be cool...one must have a marsupial at singles parties.  Note taken. I am on the lookout for any of these animals to take to my next singles party...maybe a wombat?


I ran a color run with the gaggle...why this is the only picture I can dig up I am not sure. BUT EM's neck and hair were STILL YELLOW a week later!! 

The third time I cleaned out my ear....

Halloween! The kids were with their Dad for Halloween so he let me borrow them for our ward party. I didn't have a costume for Aydan. Luckily, he is such an easy going guy! I asked him if he wanted to be a color runner??(My t-shirt was literally still sweaty) He was all for it. I had an extra color pack I doused him with and VOILA free costume. Complete with an old Ragnar medal. Perfect. 


All Ellie wanted to be was a pirate. Clothes she already had...add my red scarf, a hook we already had and a hat I purchased half off at Joanne's. TA-DA Girl Pirate.  



I had a lot of fun with my kids at the ward party. It is a curious thing the strange feelings I feel going to ward activities as a single person with children. I scan the crowd for a place to sit. Every table is full of families and none of my single mom friends in the ward had their kids that night. It feels as if the friends I used to fit in with I no longer do. It's like the conversation stops when I get there and we have nothing to talk about. I feel awkward, and I am sure they feel awkward. Or maybe it is all in my head. Who knows and its my own screaming insecurities. Its an odd thing being in-between. In-between having a family with a husband and then being single with children. This is one of the things you never expect after your divorce being of the ward but NOT of the ward. HA. You never expect to feel so awkward in a ward you've been in forever. Your kids are only there every other Sunday, who are their friends really? Where do they fit in? Where do I fit in? So I sit and worry about them if they are having fun, do they have friends? Then I beat myself up about not having time to have play dates and spending time to serve women so I can get to know them better and have friends at things like this. We are so darn busy. I feel like I should be fostering these friendships. Then I see my children running around having a grand old time. I get up and find a friend who was single and just recently re-married. Sometimes we run together and I just love her warm, friendly personality. I sit with her family, and feel like I fit in, at least somewhere for a minute and she gets it. The lump in my throat leaves and the tears I was holding down dissipate for the weird awkwardness I was feeling. I enjoy an hour at the party, scoop my kids up before the trunk or treat because times up and I have to have them back to their Dad. 

With my cousin Tiff what a lucky thing it is to have cousins! 



So, I ran out of my usual foundation. All I had was this stuff and I needed to use what I had until pay day. Notice it says.....OPTICAL BLURRING....This make-up was SO good I went from this.......


To THIS!!!! Can you believe how that optical blurring works? AMAZING. I look just like Reese Witherspoon. 



Singles conference...The gaggle/wolf pack

Family Activity with Aydans scout troop. My precious little boy. 

My class read Matilda and so I was the Trunchbull for Halloween. What fun! 

Morning with my baby. 

We went on a walk the other night when we heard this weird noise and were startled to find out it was TURKEY sitting on a fence in our neighborhood. UH HELLO...Who's turkey is on the loose. Those things are HUGE!!!! 


Halloween Party hopping with the gaggle. We were "man-hunters." On the hunt for some...men. 


I ran into one of my old students at one of the parties. Can you BELIEVE that? She is so beautiful. I just love that girl! 


Caught one...I had a hard time making a ferocious face. 


Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. I am so grateful for my friends, they make my life FULL! I love my children. I have a great job. My family is wonderful and so helpful. What a wonderful life it is. 


Savouring every last drop.....XOXO THE SUNNY D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home