<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: What A Real Man Knows

Monday, September 15, 2014

What A Real Man Knows

Truly. My wish, for you. 

Dear Boys and Men,

Wasn't that a Band? Boys to men? Man they were good to. Oh yeah, yeah it's all coming back to me now, "I'll make love to you, like you want me to and I 'll hold you tight baby.... all..... through..... the..... night." BAM! Those were the famous lyrics. 

Well before you get to the BOYZ II Men stage....boys and men.....here are a few things you should know. 

I watch you. 

In fact WE the women and girls of world are WATCHING you. Unfortunately, sometimes it is just your biceps that we are watching. Especially if we are girls, but if you are a WOMAN you see below skin deep. 

Here are a few things I have noticed lately and what REALLY truly impresses me. Especially since my friends and I like to throw the occasional shin dig. Like the Belgian waffle party we had last night. It was delicious, and quite a lot of work. 

There are two types of males. 

BOYS 

and 

MEN

What differentiates the two? 

Guess what. I'm gonna tell ya. 

The boys show up hungry, they are generally handsome and dressed well. They eat and they mingle with all the girls and we of course should be SO happy that they came. And we are, I mean we all need a little eye candy right? However, they are POSERS. YUP. POSERS. Watch out for the posers. They are there ACTING like they are awesome....but are they? On the surface, sure. In their OWN lives SURE. I bet they are. I mean I am sure they are good, but are they great? 

How can you tell the difference? 

This is how. What I want my daughter to know, my nieces to know and all the girls I have taught or come in contact with trough church service. FIND A MAN. Look for the guy when you are having a family dinner that gets up afterward and helps CLEAN UP THE DISHES : washes, dries and helps wipe down the table. Not the guy that eats and then gambles over to the couch to sit a spell and chew the fat with the other guys ruminating over the last ASU game. 

The Men are quiet, they visit but they also HELP. They bring stuff and they clean up the kitchen while everyone else talks. They aren't asked to, because WE will happily do it. I mean we planned the dad gum party anyway, RIGHT? They speak kindly of others and you can tell by the way they act and treat  others that there is just something MORE that differentiates them from the crowd. They treat every girl like she is special. It makes them SPECIAL. The helping is what I always notice. Ladies, next time you are at a shin-dig...notice who is a helper. Man alive is that an important attribute to me. Helpers. Kind Talkers. Soft Hearted. Patient. There are some really good men out there. 

I don't think the women are the only observers. I am sure men observe too. They watch how we carry ourselves and speak. The world needs more kind women.  We need women who are loving and gentile, who have manners and treat others with kindness. The world needs WOMEN not GIRLS. Women who watch their speech and are not cynical or crude. A real woman who knows who she is and lets her little light shine. 


Keep your eyes peeled my friends. This one is for the big fish. XOXO- The Sunny D






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home