<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Back To School Thinking...

Monday, July 21, 2014

Back To School Thinking...


These are some special shoes. Now, I love clothes. I love accessories and I ESPECIALLY love shoes. I EVEN love Jeffery Campbell who designed these beauties. I can't decide if they are horrible or clever. I'm leaning toward horrible unless your name is Miss Frizzle of course. I am a teacher. A fourth grade teacher and getting dressed for teaching can be tricky. There are rules. 

At my employment you cannot wear:

colored denim
ANY DENIM including that adorable chambray number hanging in my closet
anything immodest or too crazy

Let me tell you a story. 
One year I was teaching, my class was sitting on the floor and I was waltzing around them. I am sure with some very important ideas to share.  My lovely little class with their happy, shiny faces were looking up at me. I was in the middle of my very important lesson when I looked down and noticed a young fellow laying on his back trying ever so non-chalantly to look up my skirt. (which was ankle length) I could tell from the awkward angle he was craning his neck. Luckily, I wear very modest underwear that could be compared to a biker short. Which is lucky in cases like this. I looked at this young man and said, Sit up. He obliged, was surprised I had noticed and I never did have that problem again. 

Teacher Fashion. 

It sort of gives me a pit in my stomach. Teacher attire can go anywhere from...Did you comb your hair today to professional. I of all people would just LOVE to make work out attire appropriate for the classroom. And I mean regular classroom not PE. Oh boy do I love my yoga pants. 

I also have a slight, OK not so slight anxiety when it comes to dressing for work. I was told by someone I was once married to that I dressed like a "teacher." I was sad and hurt because, I am a teacher. I had images of this floating in my head
When I asked what was meant by teacher he said, "You know, you wear too many cardigans." The thing is this is true. I still wear cardigans, all the time. 
circa 2009

2009

2010

2010

2011

Hmmm..What year did my sister get married?

2013

2013

2013

2013

2014

Spain

The cardigan...a teacher staple. Or maybe a Dior staple. I'm going to try and post a few cute teacher outfit ideas this year. Coming soon. 

Just remember. It is still summer. Try not to email your favorite teacher overwhelming questions. In training I was talking to a colleague who just got caught up on her laundry from the school year...LAST YEAR. :) We love you, we can't wait to see you but please, PLEASE know we need the next few weeks of break just as much as you need your kids to get back to school. That is the Sunny D truth. 

XOXO-The Sunny D






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home