<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: A Breakfast Date

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Breakfast Date



I literally had two warts burned off my body this week. What 36 year old seriously gets warts? The truth of the matter is I looked at my hand and there was a tiny little bump and in that tiny little bump was a little brown dot. hmph. I met one of my BFF's at Sunsplash yesterday to lay out. I held my hand up to show her my wart blister from the Dr. burning it off. She instinctively gave me a high five. To which I replied, "No! Look at my hand!" She said, What IS that? I said...HERPES, and laughed. Then I decided to tell her the truth.

My Mom always said not to show all your warts in the beginning of any relationship. Which basically means...keep all the crappy parts of yourself to....yourself.

All those parts will come out eventually right?

I had this breakfast date. This guy, I'll call him Monterrey was incredibly handsome. He was a hard worker, a good Dad. I mean all the checks on the checklist were checked. He had been texting me for a bit and wanted to talk to me on the phone one evening. I however, was deeply engrossed in one of my Netflix shows. So, I told him to give me five minutes. On the phone he was nice and had a lot of compliments to say which made the heat creep up my neck. I am sure it was red since I never know what to say to stuff like, "I can't figure out why you're not married yet, you're hot."

 Do you say....I can't figure it out either, or Yup, that's right buddy I am, or Thanks?

Or the truth, which is you haven't met anyone yet where you have that moment where you just know your willing to make the sacrifices necessary to be in a marriage with them, because you love them so much and they are your best friend. Or that you have an emotional wall that keeps pretty much everyone out except for the persistent.

He said some really nice things and a few things that made the hairs on my neck stand on end in that phone conversation. After that conversation I decided that I would go on that breakfast date to just SEE if this was someone I wanted to get to know better. The warty truth of it all though was, I was really just in it for the pancakes. 

So, at 9:53 I received a text asking my my ETA. We had previously decided 10 am would be our meet time and I was pulling into my parking spot. I was irritated. I met him at Kneaders and he was really into discussing blending families and stuff which made me feel pale and like this date was lasting four hours. Plus, some parenting things that just didn't jive with me. I just wasn't feeling it. Plus, he asked me if I counted calories and when I said yes he seemed annoyed.  To which I told him I also worked out pretty much five days a week. After a little bit, I said it was so nice of him to take me out but I had a lot of stuff to do today. (Like check out the Nordstroms Early Bird sale and finish Season One of my Netflix show) I hugged him goodbye and then looked at my phone to which I noticed that it had only been 45 minutes and quite possibly one of the longest shortest dates of my life.


It made me think. I was thinking about it a lot in fact. I wondered if there would ever be a man that just got the fact that they have to ease up a little bit. I can't be rushed to the alter on date numero uno. I also hoped that when the right thing is sitting in front of me I sure hope I'll recognize it. I know I will. I know because there will be peace present and not anxiety or hot insecurity creeping up my neck. Everything will just be ok. I know it. I'm waiting for that guy.

Warts are stupid XOXO The Sunny D


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home