<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Bali 2014

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bali 2014

One of the pools at our Hotel Champlung Suri. It was very beautiful and very inexpensive. They had a delicious free breakfast and we were right across the street from the Monkey Forest which proved to be a lot of entertainment. 


Our first night at the hotel we got a massage. The had these pretty arrangements to look at. 

Here is where we ate breakfast the first day. Of course who wouldn't want to sit there and look over our beautiful hotel? We learned quickly that this was a bad idea....for lurking in the tree's around us were MONKEY'S looking for a free snack. Before I knew it one lunged towards me grabbing the fruit right off my plate. I shrieked LOUDLY. 

Pill. Waiting in the tree


You will see so many new things in Bali. One is the way they drive. There are sometimes up to FIVE people crammed on one of those little motorcycles! This guy was carrying a WHOLE piece of plywood. Now that is TALENT. 

My Mom and I hired a driver while we were there through the hotel. He was great and spoke excellent English. We attended a Balinese play of good and evil. I truly respect the Balinese people. They are VERY devoted to their religion. 





After the play our driver took us to a traditional Balinese home. The people still lived and worked there. On the way there my Mom asked if the women had a dowry for when they got married. He explained that sometimes they did. Sometimes they would have cattle in their dowry. 

I said, so she COULD be a ten cow wife?
The driver didn't know what I was saying but my Mom laughed in the back seat. 

The place they sleep

The kitchen, those are real hot coals. 

Chicken Coop


You will see statues wrapped in this black and white checkered cloth. It symbolizes good and evil. The black and white, then there are also grey checks. It is everywhere. 


This is still in the Balinese home. Each home has it's own temple. They give offerings to the God's they are very beautiful. They spend 30% of their yearly income on these offerings. They believe in appeasing the Gods. 



A darling Balinese girl, helping her Mom sell tourist items. 



There are rice fields everywhere. Our driver said that everyone works in the fields and helps in the harvest. We were there during harvest time. 

They people are so kind and sweet. 


I have so many more pictures of Bali. It is truly a beautiful place. The people are kind and so devoted to their religion. I just loved that. I will have to post more later. 



XOXO The Sunny D 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home