<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Chaos

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Chaos

My Schedule. After Work. 


I have been busy, exhausted, over worked, burning the candle at both ends for sure. I have piles of stuff everywhere in my house as we run from one appointment or baseball game or scouts to work, to school to the next thing. I found myself wishing I could be a stay at home Mom. Boy, things sure would be easier if I could stay home and clean, prep dinner, go to the gym, be fresh for my kids when they came home from school. I was really missing those days. I decided to change my attitude and adjust to what life really is. I decided that the most important thing was that my kids and I felt the spirit everyday. I also decided that how we did that did NOT have to match the ideal I have in my head. So. 

This is what it looked like, highlights:

I cooked when I could eggs and toast counts right? What else are you supposed to do at 8:30 at night after baseball games? I decided that at the kids baseball games when they were in the outfield I would take a really fast walk around the ball park. That counts as exercise? Right? We prayed exhaustedly together at night before bedtime and we said morning family prayer on the way to school in the car. Monday was a great day, I ran, grocery shopped (this is all after work), made a healthy dinner, we had family home evening, we dyed eggs for Easter. I made sure that we had family scripture study every day. Even if it was each of us reading just one verse. 
Watermelon at the ball game
Aydan at bat


Thursday I didn't have children. I went to the temple, as I left I felt literally enrobed with power and strength. I also felt the peaceful quiet assurance I needed. All of the worries of my heart were put to rest. I had an appointment, I also had singing practice. 

The busy never stopped. It just didn't. However, I was happy. I was grateful. The week went smoothly and the piles of things to do at home didn't weigh on me so much. 

And one prayer was for sure answered. I have been so worried about the few extra pounds that have crept up on me during this incredibly busy year. I haven't had the time to spend cooking healthy meals or making the green smoothies I did when I was at home. I don't have two hours to go to the gym like I used too. I don't have time to train for races. So I prayed that I would have help getting rid of this weight. 

AND Friday, I woke up with the flu. 

Prayers are answered my friends. ha! 

Changing perspectives and staying grateful. XOXO The Sunny D 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home