<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Adios 2013

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Adios 2013

Elevator in Spain

2013 has been a truly amazing year. I began the year with a new teaching job and adventure. 
Over Christmas break last year I dragged my kids into my classroom for cleaning, organizing and some body building poses. 
Teaching has always brought me so much joy. The truth is when you invest time and energy into others it always pays off. I enjoy working, I always have. So this was a blessing. It also provided insurance which I was able to finally get my vein removed that had been causing so many problems. I went on vacations with my family and alone. I also got a little hurried....and so this is my goal for 2014. 

This is before my vein surgery, 1st day in Spain. I WAS EXHAUSTED. I MEAN TOTALLY EXHAUSTED. It wasn't just from the flight either this was like deep bone tired from life. I won't go into details, I will just say it was like I was letting go of a decade of stuff. I was zapped in every way possible and my body shows the signs of it. My legs were swollen, I crashed on the beach for FOUR hours. I then slept in until eleven or later for four days. Spanish Sassafras was so kind to let me come and stay with her and I would consider Spain the highlight of my year. It was like a crowning jewel. I can't explain it to you well. It is just that the past decade had been so difficult it is like all the hard stuff was working its way out of my body and mind. I truly feel like Spain for me was the turning point. Traveling to another country alone does something, it awakened my inner Wonder Woman. I feel like I left on that trip with remnants of the old Dior and left Spain anew. I was open, awake and BRAVE. So, 2013 in many ways was a turning point. It was the year I realized who I am, who I always have been. It was the year I took back the reigns of my life. I am excited to continue on this path. New years goals always seem so daunting to me. So I like to be really general in my goals that way I don't give up on them by January 10th. 
2014 GOALS OVERVIEW
  • Be more organic....I mean simplify. I have relied a lot on modern conveniences like IN-N-OUT BURGER...this year I will be cooking more simple meals at home. I have the goal for our family to not eat out except for special occasions. This also means enjoy nature together..more walks to the park, bike rides...less rush.
  • Relationships....by this I mean continue to build relationships with my children. Keep those connections open. I am not perfect at this but I feel that this year, I did a MUCH better job at being present. 
  • Active...I love to exercise. This year I am going to include my kids more. I am running two BIG races in Feb/March. I have a game plan and goals to reach and I plan to involve my family. I also have the kids enrolled in basketball. RELEASE THE ENDORPHINS!
  • SAVE....Saving money is like gambling but you get to keep the money. You put money in, you forget about it and then you get a statement in the mail and go WHOA! I just won $2,000 in interest!!!! I am getting older and saving is really important for me. I am going to save more this year. ( I am going to do that by cooking meals at home, enjoying free activities with my kids, trust me it all adds up) 
  • FUN.....I have SO many things to look forward to this year! I can't WAIT to tell you about them. I am going to write more, travel, I get to sing in this amazing choir....some days I am so EXCITED about my life. I can't even believe it. ( and then I go to a mid-singles activity. OK KIDDING KIDDING....sort of) ****If you read my blog about what teachers really want for Christmas you'll get this! An AWESOME parent gave me this ceramic frog as a joke. I LOVED IT!!!!


CHEERS! 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home