<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Divorced: Santa Baby Hurry Down the Chimney Tonight..........

Friday, December 20, 2013

Divorced: Santa Baby Hurry Down the Chimney Tonight..........

It's been awhile since I took a selfie. 

I went to pick my childdlers up at their Father's home this afternoon. I had a nice conversation with their Step-Mom. She had the kids pick out a gift for me. That was so kind of her. I felt bad as I hadn't taken the kids to get them anything this year. I guess there is still time. The kids were so excited to give it to me and I said, "Oh yay, I will have something to unwrap on Christmas." 

Holidays are different when you are single. There are MANY opportunities to see where you lack something/someone. However, this year I am so grateful. I am grateful because I am happy, this last year I gave myself the greatest gift one could give. I loved me. I really found who I was. Through hard work and effort I made my life into one that I WANTED. I had control, and you know what? That was so empowering. Christmas' past have been ones that I look back with gratitude, because I am not there anymore. There were nights alone curled into a ball on my couch tears streaming down my cheeks. I did my time wallowing in the pit of self pity. So first, I am grateful that I am whole. The hard work to get to this point has been done. Of course, the work is NEVER done I have to do tune-ups, and attitude adjustments here and there but over-all....I'd like to click my heels in the air for 2013. The year I learned to love me again, a small miracle. 

So, instead of asking for things I want to take a moment to be content with life. 
  • I have two, beautiful, healthy, perfect, wonderful children, who make me laugh AND cry.
  • I started a full-time job teaching again, this gave me purpose.
  • I met many new friends through my employment, which brought me joy.
  • I realized how many friends and angels I have in my life, this brought me comfort.
  • I have a family I fit in to, I belong, this brought me peace. 
  • I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, this brings me hope. 
  • I am healthy and my body ran races, is training for races, tried hot yoga, worked with a personal trainer..this brought me strength
  • I traveled this year, this brought me happiness and curiosity
  • I wrote on this blog, which brought me happiness
  • I tried to serve others, be a good friend,  and think about others instead of myself and this brought humility and gratitude. 
  • I enjoyed my home, neighborhood and ward this brought comfort.
I have so many good things. SO MANY. How could I ask for more or feel that my life is lacking? I can't. 

Thank you 2013. My life became my own. XOXO-The Sunny D( and because I am me....Merry Christmas)











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home