<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Running: Half Marathon Training for Whimps, Week 1

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Running: Half Marathon Training for Whimps, Week 1

That's right girls. Baby Got Back. 

Marathon Training for Whimps.

I can actually write about this one, I started this very week training for my second half marathon. I am using a marathon training schedule as my race is in two and a half months. I was supposed to start my running a few weeks ago. Three cheers for procrastination! I was asked by the Mom of one of my students if I wanted to join her van for the Ragnar Relay. I said, "Why the heck not I am already training." That is BEFORE I realized that they are back to back weekends. SO the last weekend of February and the first weekend of March are going to be exciting ones. 

I am a single Mom and I work full time. This puts some time constraints on my runs. In fact, it makes me have to be totally accountable because there is no time to waste. Every single day that my kids are with their Dad I have to be on a run that night. 

Week ONE Training:

3.5 miles Monday
2.5 miles Thursday
4 miles Saturday

I am a slow runner, I averaged about a 10 minute mile on my runs. 

Some things I must have to run well:
1. Good Shoes...I think I am going to have a to take a trip to the runner's store, the shoes I bought do not have enough arch support for me and I have been feeling the muscle pull on the top of my foot. After playing kick ball last week and running this week my shin is starting to hurt as well. No Bueno. running store post coming soon. 

2. Carmex...always on my lips for a run

3. Gum..Preferably Orbitz Spearmint

4. Running Songs: Sir Mix-a-Lot, Beastie Boys, Green Day, Pink, Justin Timberlake are a few of my running favorites.

5. A little pep talk never hurts, I watched this one this morning before I left: The Grind

6. A new little app I just started using is called:

I loved it. It tracked my run, water loss, calories burned etc. 

If you have ever wanted to run a race, whether it be a Marathon, 10K, or Half Marathon the only thing you have to remember is BE CONSISTENT. You have to log the miles, anyone can run. ANYONE. To run a long race it is just running the runs every week. If you are consistent and do MOST of the runs you will be ready. I do not compete in these runs against anyone but myself and the truth is all I really want to do is finish. 

Running Schedule for week 2: 
Monday 2 miles
Tuesday3miles
Wed: Rest
Thursday:2 miles
Fri: Rest
Sat: 4 miles
Total: 12 miles

XOXO-To Health! The Sunny D





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home