<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Say Something.................

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Say Something.................

Eros..Greek God of Love. Notice the dagger in his side. Park of the Americas, Sevilla, Spain. 

This sculpture took my breath away when I first saw it. I love it, I love the emotion I FEEL when I see it. I love the turban on Eros' head. I love the wings folded in surrender. Reaching and wounded. This is Eros the Greek God of love. Love is such a conflicted thing for me, I want to love. I hope to love, yet the fear is I will end up just like this if I really DO love. At least, sometimes it is hard not to feel like that. Especially with the experiences I have had. Yet, I KNOW. I KNOW that there will be love for me again. 

Sometimes people come into your life and you know why they are there. They impact you in certain ways, change your outlook and perspective on things. Then some people come into your life and leave you confounded. Maybe you understand this and maybe you don't. It has been such an interesting little stroll through my 30's with children, a divorce, and dating. 

Music is one of the great communicators. It seems there is always a song that can say the things that are in my heart so much better than I can. At least when it comes to feelings, I am not the best with talking about feelings. Feelings make me feel tired, having to talk about feelings makes me feel just like Eros here. I heard a song on the radio maybe a month ago. I didn't know WHO it was by. It instantaneously grabbed me by the neck collar and demanded me to listen. I did. I was transfixed. I cried it was so beautiful AND said everything that my heart has been trying to say for a little while now. It was one of those AHA moments. It is about letting go. You can listen to it here:

Sometimes you have to give up things you love for something better. Something better FOR YOU. This is what I am going to work on for a little while. I am under construction so to speak. I have some goals and some things I am going to do to become better, stronger and happier. None of these things are going to be easy for me, for it means taking a good, hard, long, look at facts. It means a lot of things. Most of all it means, in the end I will be  a better person. I will be a stronger person. 

Say something, I'm giving up on you. Anywhere, I would have followed you. XOXO-The Sunny D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home