<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: A Bright Future

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Bright Future

I put those peach sponge rollers in Ellie's hair for CRAZY HAIR day. You know the kind. You have to sleep with them in and they dig into your head ALL night long. I wish she always had a little blond afro.

Have I told you how much I love my class? I just LOVE my class. They are chatty but boy are they just the cutest. Today we had a mini lesson on gratitude. We decided (I decided and got everyone excited) to do a class service project, because we are all so LUCKY! We decided to make some blankets to donate to the Child Crisis Center. I told them a little bit about the CCC, why children have to go there. Every child in my class has been challenged to do a chore at home to EARN a dollar to donate so I can buy fabric for these quilts. I told them I would buy enough material for one myself for the class. If we had enough money we MAY be able to buy enough fabric for three. 

We then counted our blessings. I asked the class to think of things they were thankful for and raise their hands to share their ideas. My heart was so FULL of joy because each of these children REALLY understood what TRUE blessings were! The shared things like shelter, my sister, clothing, food, friends, good books, school, Mom and Dad. I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. I have to say these children have wonderful parents who have taught them well. However, I know that these children have strong spirits! How could they not in this society we live in? We are constantly bombarded by images of sex, foul language, men and women are objectified, there is abuse, addictions, really the list can go on and on. Today, I saw the future. The future is bright! There are pure, and good children who are smart! They want to do the right thing because they know it feels good to make good choices. They are loving and helpful. They work hard. I am so lucky that I get to work with them every day. 

Tonight, I was curious. As I gathered my children on my giant king sized bed we read a story about gratitude in a church magazine for children. I asked my children what they were thankful for. I hoped they knew what TRUE blessings were. Inside I was hoping Aydan wouldn't say I am thankful for Minecraft. I was hoping Ellie wouldn't say I am thankful for the snow dog (husky) Santa is going to bring me for Christmas. "If not a snow dog..maybe...probably a cat." I hope she isn't too disappointed with the lady bug habitat "Santa" bought. I was again so happy because my children echoed the blessings I had heard this afternoon. Ellie said, "I am thankful for Mom and Aydan and sister and brother and Dad and Step mom." Aydan said, I am thankful for our home and warm beds. I am thankful for our family and cousins and friends. These babies of mine are so good, and smart, and joyful. They just shine with goodness. I love them so. I am grateful to see a sliver of what the future holds, especially with these children leading the way. The future is SO BRIGHT! 



Husky? Anyone? XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home