<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: She is the kind of girl who......

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

She is the kind of girl who......


I know this girl.

I used to be her, and sometimes still am.

I read this and it sort of punched me in the heart.

EXCEPT.

My heart was once locked up so tight, it was padlocked. However, over time I have learned that the world is so beautiful. The sun shines, the trees sway, and children laugh. There are so many opportunities to make this world a better place, to lift the sad hearts of those around that are hurting. I learned that the only person responsible for a happy future...was me. It was all up to me.

I learned that:

  • even though you can't control other peoples choices, you can control yours
  •  it is better to say you are sorry even when you are right
  •  not every battle is important, to let as many go as you can and then breathe, and then go to In-N-Out and have a cheeseburger with special sauce. 
  •  music feeds the soul
  • when I am angry, to pray, and then open the scriptures. 
  • everyone is suffering with something
  • if all else fails get a pedicure
  • it is important to be nice
  • children grow up way too fast
  • sometimes you just need to go on a great adventure
  • Mom is still the best cook
  • You always fit in with your family
  • Boys aren't as scary as I once thought they were
  • I am my very own kind of pretty
  • never underestimate a good run
  • when that run pulls up hard memories hand them over, leave them behind, forgive and keep moving forward
  • if you are tired of dating, don't give up, the right guy will come at the right time....still hoping this is true...just hangin' out here waiting for him to come along
  • there are ALWAYS new men coming into the mix
  • being single is NOT the worst thing to happen
  • I still despise ironing
  • it is fun to play
  • it is important to set goals
  • your future is as bright as YOU make it


I am feeling ready. I am ready to run this race in the Spring, I am ready to start planning my next adventure. I feel like I am ready to make some things happen! I love goals almost as much as I love the FALL weather. I love that I am as free as a bird to go and do and be the person I am supposed to be. Good things are coming, again! I felt like this last year but I feel it again in my bones, this year still has a few surprises.

Cheers to the lessons in life XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home