<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Be Happy.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Be Happy.


Wow. Isn't that the truth. 

It is so overwhelmingly apparent to me how much I HAVE to be balanced, or I get grumpy. It is necessary for me to give the Lord his minutes each day. It can feel so overwhelming to try and fit everything in, but it all gets done. 


I have to make a confession here:
I was supposed to read Pollyanna to my class and I really didn't want too. Not at all, I thought it was going to be some dumb book. However, it has turned out to be just the book I needed to read. In it the always upbeat Pollyanna lifts a whole town's spirits by teaching them the glad game. They turn all of the things that they are sad about into things they can be happy about. As I read this book I related many times to the character. I could hardly put the book down and my class caught my enthusiasm for it and would BEG me not to stop reading. We couldn't wait to learn about what was going to happen next. There were so many twists and turns. We had a lot of fun trying to predict what would happen next, kind of like those choose your own adventure books. The last few days the story has become a bit dramatic and emotional, at times I would get teary and try to hold the tears back as I was reading to my little class. They could hear my voice get a little shaky and they would be so concerned about me. I am glad for my class. There were a few quotes that stood out to me: Here is one.

There was another one that said, It takes a woman's hand and heart, or a child's presence to make a home. 

This is so true. There was a lot of wisdom in this book. Tonight as I read the Friend ( a church magazine for kids) to my children and then we knelt down to say family prayer this quote came into my mind. I am so very grateful to have a children's presence in my home. It really makes it a HOME and not a empty house with rooms. I played the glad game and I said I was glad to have my children in my home and I expressed my love for them. I am so happy to have them. I had been a bit grumbly about the long stretch of time they would be with me, 3 weeks almost in a row.....but then I was just so glad. A friend nicknamed me Pollyanna, but after reading this book I pale in comparison to her sunny disposition. I think she mostly named me Pollyanna because I am a little old fashioned. I will prefer to think it was because of my always happy and sunny personality, doesn't that just make you glad? 

XOXO-A child's presence is really all the presents I need. The Sunny D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home