<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Without ME it's just AWESO

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Without ME it's just AWESO


I got these new fancy running compression socks for my legs, although I had the vein removed it seems another one has settled into the same place. The doctor says it will go away but who knows. I guess varicose veins are just a part of my life. These were $50 socks. I sort of coughed when I had to pay for them but they sure feel good when I run! I bought new shoes while I was at it.
This kid doesn't miss a thing. NOT A THING. I came down yesterday night to go for a run and he said, "Well hey sporty Momma, I see you got some new socks and shoes." I laughed. I took off for a run, I had been sort of tired and grumpy (see last post) It was a Monday. Enough said. I took a different route and I all of a sudden was so energized and happy. I enjoyed my surroundings as I ran behind Cosmo Dog Park and then up to Greenfield and back home. It was a short run but a good one. My legs started to get super tired on the way back and as I ran past the freeway I started to do ice skaters and dance to the songs on my iPhone. I skipped and I galloped and I just felt like a happy kid. I am sure the drivers that went by may have assumed with my socks and purple shoes and dancing that I was a little bit schizophrenic, but I was just having fun. It was an ODE to last years marathon. I realized as I walked into my home about 25 minutes later that this weekend it will be exactly one year since I ran it. I have been having some thoughts of running another one in March. Here are some pictures of my feet after my marathon. They are SERIOUSLY torn up after all that training, so sad!


I lost this nail six months later! It had a huge blister under it and it hurt pretty badly. I stuck a needle all the way down the middle of it to the cuticle but underneath the nail to pop that blister it was NASTY.
Of course JUST after a pedicure, I lose the dad gum nail. 

So I had this special look for another six months. 
 Anyway, what makes me nervous about another marathon is my legs. I have REALLY tight IT bands.  I recently took up hot yoga and have now attended twice. I am amazed at the knots people can pull themselves into. I AM SERIOUS. I can't even touch my toes yet. STILL SERIOUS. Which was alarming to me, I mean MAN ALIVE!?!? Now wonder I had IT band trouble. So I really think this yoga thing is really going to help me run. Maybe it is the key to breaking personal records.

YOGA-
A note about the body and emotions.
As I work through my yoga practice it takes a lot of focus to do some of the poses and breathing too. I have this spot in my lower back, the right side and it just ACHES it's like this fist of knots. As I work through each move my muscles slowly start to limber up. By the end my hips ache and that spot in my back is on fire. At the end of yoga you get to just lay on your mat for like three minutes in the dark and listen to the music but my back is in so much pain I can't even lie straight on my back. I even try to lay on my side, put a towel under my back for support..no dice. That is not good, yoga must be exactly where I need to be! Tonight I was sitting in pigeon pose. A pose that just KILLS me. I mean KILLS. This is half pigeon pose you can see if you have hamstring, IT band and lower back issues how this pose might just do the trick.
I held the pose and then there was this explosion release of tension in my right hip. It didn't hurt it was just like someone unscrewed the bolt one notch. As I felt this release I began to cry. It was so weird and I felt dumb, but no body saw me anyway. It was hot yoga so seriously you would never be able to tell if someone was crying OR sweating. I remembered that a counselor had told me that we hold emotions in certain parts of our bodies. I think now that maybe she was right. I couldn't tell you what emotion it was, just that it felt so good to let it go. So, I think yoga must also be emotionally healing too. I am looking forward to going again! Saturday morning is my next class. I can't tell you how clean you feel after leaving that class. It is weird I know, you sweat like you have never sweat before but its such a fantastic feeling. LOVE IT. 


AWESOME. XOXO-The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home