<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Lifelong Learner My First Yoga Class

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lifelong Learner My First Yoga Class

I went to Institute and Cool Cucumber met me with my FAV candy bar. So sweet. 


I am a lifelong learner. 

This means I do not believe, nor will I ever believe the falsehood that I am too OLD to learn new things. 

I began an Institute class a few weeks ago. The four gospels. It is every few weeks and I have enjoyed it so much. The instructor knows so much about not only the scriptures but also what was going on around that time socially and politically. It is so great. Tonight we were kind of back and forth between when the angel appeared to Mary and LUKE 2. I gained a new perspective on some things tonight. I have always revered Mary as one of the most influential and wonderful women there ever was. I mean first of all who rides a donkey for about a week straight and PREGNANT for the census? That takes some guts. Tonight I gained a deeper love and respect for Joseph as I came to learn about what it really meant to have a woman you were betrothed to become pregnant. It just kept hitting me that he was there to shelter her. He protected Mary in so many ways. As the teacher was talking thoughts were swirling their way through my mind. Am I like Mary? In some ways I am, I am a strong woman. I do my best to be obedient to the commandments. I know the Lord is pleased with me and my efforts even if they are not perfect a lot of the time, I really do try to do my personal best. I wondered could Mary have raised Jesus on her own? I think she probably could have. However, there was Joseph. He was thoughtful, he had opinions, he questioned and then he did the right thing. There are several times where it shows how he protected Mary and I thought how nice that would be. What is that like? Joseph was such a support to her. What is that like, I wondered. I mean there are moments when I knew what that was like, sort of. I have a Dad who is a support, but that is different than a spouse. It made me happy to read about this in the scriptures. I was so happy to learn more about Joseph and the really wonderful man he was. 


On Saturday I begin yoga practice. I am so excited because I am looking forward to the meditation, stress relief, muscle toning, and improved flexibility that yoga boasts to provide. Spanish Sassafras and I are going to go together, it is a hot yoga class. 

When I was in college my cousin Aubree and I took some exercise classes at MCC. We had so much fun trying all of the different aerobics classes. I remember one night we decided to try out yoga. Yoga was pretty new, I mean all we had heard about it was Madonna thought it was the best thing ever. We went to an evening class and it was the oddest thing I had EVER been to in my life. As we inhaled deeply and then moved into twisty pretzel pose after twisty pretzel pose except NOT very gracefully. I probably looked like a Giraffe trying to do yoga. We tried our best but then there was one pose that we were both trying to do but ended up like weeble wobbles and ran into each other. Which then we erupted into a fit of giggles which out YOGA instructor did NOT think was very funny. She ended up scolding us grumbling, "YOU are RUINING the KARMA in here, PLEASE LEAVE!" Which made us burst into a fit of hysterics as we left the class as fast as we could. 

I am hoping this Saturday's class goes a little bit better than that first one. 

To not being afraid to learn new things! 
XOXO-The Sunny D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home