<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Journey to Joy

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Journey to Joy

Joy should not be a journey, should it? Sometimes, I think it is. Somedays you just have to make your own sunshine. I have been thinking a lot about what brings me joy lately and I identified that being rested helps me feel THE MOST joy. I want to feel joy daily, I want to look back on my life and think every day I was happy. Now, life sure does have its challenges and there can be some really crummy days, even weeks. In those weeks I want to make sure I take time to feel joy.

A few joyful moments the last few days: I took a moment to do some self care. My children were with their Dad Saturday evening and I scheduled a massage. Having those knots rubbed out of my neck was joy. 

I met a friend at the MAC counter Saturday evening. I am going to help her do her hair and make-up for her wedding. I watched as the MAC gal did an expert job of applying my friends make-up. When the MAC girl was done and my friend saw how beautiful she looked, and how her green eyes POPPED like emeralds there was a moment of joy. I was so happy to see this and it made her and I excited for her upcoming wedding.
 After I was with my friend at the make-up counter I was going to meet up with another friend to watch a movie. He wasn't home yet, so I popped in Gymboree to get Ellie a couple of outfits for school.(They have dress down days on Friday) Gymboree was having a Labor Day sale and so being the bargain shopper I am, it was the perfect time to shop. As I was looking through the racks, I heard the cutest little voice. It was pure as a bell and FULL of JOY. She kept saying, "My Dress, My Dress..." I looked over to see the most beautiful little girl two eyes could behold. She had a little afro pulled into two pigtails that looked like little bear ears tied with bows. She had a beautiful white smile and shining chocolate eyes. She was so happy. The picture of happiness. She was holding a peacock costume, obviously her Halloween costume that Mom had JUST agreed to buying. She was walking around the store holding it up to her, with that little voice..my dress, my dress. I said to her, "Are you buying that beautiful dress for your Halloween costume?" YES! My dress! She said excitedly. I think she was two. You could not help but have some of her Joy rub off on you. Her Mom who was standing close by and STUNNING by the way, said "I know just as soon as we get home she is going to put on that dress and probably SLEEP in it!" We laughed, I told her how lovely her daughter was and off they went. JOY.

 I went to church this morning and in the third class the teacher taught about "Our Journey." Our journey in life. It was interesting as this was something I had been contemplating as well this week. She told the story of Elder Uchtdorf where he and his family split up to escape East Germany to West Germany during the war. (Is that right....oh shoot my history is failing me...) She reminded us of some very good advice he gave to us for our Journey in life. On your Journey 1) Do not FEAR 2) Love each other 3) Be of Good Cheer I thought CERTAINLY I am being given a little message, some advice for my journey here and I felt sunshiny joy streaming out of my heart. I knew right then, Heavenly Father knows me, hears me, and loves me. I hope everyday to take the time to feel joy, to soak it in. Here are a few things that bring me joy...
My Beautiful Desert Home. JOY.
MY beach. Rocky Point. JOY.
Hiking the Desert. JOY.
Running. Joy. 
THESE Kids. JOY
A son walking his Mom at a park in Spain. Joy. 

I think this might be MY FAVORITE painting of Christ. Ever. I feel like this woman so many times. Joy. 

 This family! JOY!!!

Waffles and Apple Pie....JOOOOOYYYYY. 

My challenge to you today..think of ten things that bring you joy and then take a minute to be grateful for those things! JOY!

A journey through this life, FEELING JOY. 

XOXO-The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home