<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Happy?

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy?

Thank you Grandma for these fake teeth bought in California. They are a highlight. 

I have been super grouchy lately. Just burnt out and tired. I am sure you never feel this way. I tried and tried very hard to be happy but inside, I just had no ENERGY. I decided I had had ENOUGH and I am sure my kids had too. I didn't want to exercise, my leg hurt. I am so tired of this leg, but also very grateful because it is healing very well. I bet by next week it will be well on its way to being back to normal. (How's that for positive thinking.) My house was not up to my standards of clean, which drains me. I can not handle a messy house. I had laundry piled on my couch that was as tall as my shoulders and an ironing pile just as big as that. There were dirty dishes in the sink and things around here were anything BUT SUNNY. 

So I made a very important decision. 

Things have got to change and guess what, I am the ONLY one that can foster that change. SO today we all worked together to clean the house. It isn't done entirely, but a huge chunk has been completed, at least there are no dishes and all the bathrooms are clean. We put most of the laundry away, but you know how laundry goes...it was followed by three fresh loads ready to fold. I have decided I really need to work on staying energized. When I have had enough sleep, EVERYONE is happy. So today I made some goals for the next week.

1) In bed by 9:30 lights out by 10:00
2) Take 15 minutes to read my scriptures..this always helps me be a calm, loving person
3) Find a yoga class I can start once a week to relieve stress with out stressing my leg
4) Incorporate an after dinner walk with my kids so they can burn energy and we can have some happy time together outside
5) Continue with my weight lifting 
6) QUIT eating OUT
7) Break tasks down into manageable chunks...I have a problem, I tend to see the WHOLE picture and get totally overwhelmed and discouraged, instead of thinking MY WHOLE HOUSE IS A MESS!!!!!AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!!!! I am going to think, tonight I will pick up the family room. Period. 
8) Plan dinners for the week (CHECK. Did that this morning and have ALL the ingredients) 

Today I went to the grocery store, we all pitched in and cleaned the house, we ran to the mall to return some shoes and I needed to get a few more uniforms for the kids for school. Then we came home, my first instinct was to keep cleaning, but I was beat. So I lay down in my bed and read a book for a WHOLE GLORIOUS HOUR and guess what? I was re energized. It is a day by day goal but this week I am focusing on these 8 things, because being sunny starts right here with NUMERO UNO. 


XOXO- THE SUNNY D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home