<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Life's a Beach

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Life's a Beach

I wish I had a beach in my backyard. 

There isn't a place I would rather be than the beach, I am happy through and through. I have to say that California beaches are COLD. I had forgotten just how cold the water was and I was chilled to the bone after boogie boarding for an hour. But, I was happy as a clam. 

Life can get sticky. There are a lot of unknowns, for instance I had a sinus infection so bad in this picture that when I would blow my nose if would bleed incessantly. Nice huh. You wouldn't know that from this picture OR the weekend after this picture I was in the ER having an ultra sound of my leg..do you see it the left leg here so beautiful. The one that was in so much pain from the vein that was stripped a month ago? It now has a blood clot, so painful but healing day by day. The last few weeks have been tricky ones, hard ones, confusing ones and I am tired of making decisions. I think I hear the beach calling me again. 














Here is my little family, ready for church in California. I forgot to pack Aydan's tie. Oops. We had so much fun at the beach house and are so thankful that my Mom and Dad did this for us. It was so fun to have a family vacation all together. I love those two babies of mine. I was thinking the other day on my drive home from work about those days when my children were at home and small. I remember how long the days felt and how exhausted I was. I remember wondering if those days would ever end. I remember those days were filled with church callings, and making yummy dinners, grocery shopping and carefully planning out just the right meal. I remember rocking babies, singing songs, doing puzzles, reading books, pushing them in the jogging stroller so I could run. I remember long days of being the only adult and craving some adult conversation. I had time to do the laundry and clean the house, drop off and pick up dry cleaning. I can hardly believe Aydan is to my shoulder and Ellie barely fits on my lap. 

What happened? Where did those babies go? How did life become so busy that the days pass in a snap and now it is almost FALL of 2013???

I am so excited to be their Mom. I love everyday that I get to hear about their lives and the things they are learning at school. I love running them to scouts or gymnastics and then home, tired EVERY ONE of us. Home, to a kitchen that is cold just waiting for me to warm it up with unplanned meals. Not perfect meals, not gourmet meals that I used to cook but yummy meals none the less. I think sometimes the easy dinners are even better than the fancy ones. Especially if it's waffles. MMMM. Waffles for dinner. I love Saturdays that we clean and I have to practically scrape Ellie off the floor to help because she is moaning and GROANING about doing any sort of work! I love washing and drying laundry, getting dishes into the dishwasher and ironing the clothes for the next week. I loved going to Costco today, Saturday of all days. BUSY, CRAZY Costco to get the necessary groceries for the next few weeks. My two kids in tow, happily glazing the store stopping at one sample table and then the next. I love Saturdays like these that I was supposed to have free but then surprisingly, I get the kids for the weekend. It makes me so happy to be their Mom. These two little gems that I just adore. 

So amidst the hard stuff, and the decisions and the things that tire me out I have all of these GREAT things. I have children that I love so much, I am a MOM, I have a family that loves me, I am a teacher to a class of adoring students, MY BEDROOM IS CLEAN!! WOOT WOOT. I have soft feet and freshly painted toes. I have friends that I love and that love me. I have support from those around me, My leg is HEALING slowly but surely, I am a lucky girl. A happy, lucky girl. 

TTFN
The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home