<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Thirty-Six in less than 48.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thirty-Six in less than 48.

Waiting.


Here I am.
Thirty Five a dream.
Last year I was looking for a goal, something that said "HELLO WORLD, I AM BACK 35 is NOTHIN'!"
I ran a marathon. 
4am before the race, talcum powdered feet in the hall way.
I have decided that I think it's dumb when people talk about the ONE marathon they ran. I want to say LOOK, LIFE is a marathon and we are all running it. But, I don't. I guess I have learned that what you want to say, doesn't always have to be said. 
Birthday's make me reflect on the last year. It has been a very good one for me. Sure, there were the regular ups and downs. Actually, there were some real highs and real lows but overall I would say that 35 was pretty great. For me 35 was the year I rediscovered Dior, I finally remembered who I am. I accepted things in my life and I took some wobbly steps of Faith forward.  I became me again. Imperfect Perfection. Perfectly Imperfect and OK with it. I learned that love is a gift that can always be given, the best gift. I remembered that I was STRONG and SMART and CAPABLE. I had sort of forgotten those things about me. I remembered how much I love to be silly and laugh and that I AM FUN. 
I went back to work full time.
4th grade field trip.
I remembered what it was like to be a child. 
I made lots of new friends. 
I went to Spain where I was reminded that friendship and humanity are beautiful no matter where you are in the world. I learned that I am awestruck by the brilliance of this world and love any travel adventure! Are these not the cutest old men? By far one of my favorite photos from Spain.
I relearn every year that I have the best parents and family in the world. ( Can I please be their age and have this much fun together with my spouse? ADORABLE.) There are no other people I'd rather be with. I hope I can be as good of a parent to my children as my parents have been to me. 
I am the luckiest 35 year old in the world. 

I have started a silly thing this year. Most mornings, I draw an invisible circle on the ground. I do this before I get ready and just after I hop out of bed after morning prayers. I put all the things I hope for that day in the circle. I throw in a little kindness, understanding, patience and love, friendship and creativity, peace, strength to accomplish all of my tasks, a calm heart, the ability to see clearly the needs of others..whatever I need for that day. Then I jump in the circle and pull it up around me and tie it in a bow at the top of my head. I know. Strange. But, I what I have learned is the mornings I do this it sets a tone for the day of how I want to feel and act towards others, and how I want them to act toward me. I notice a BIG difference in the days I do this. This might be the best thing I learned this year. Out of small and simple things, come great things. I believe this. I have tried to give my children the loving Mother they deserve, I have balanced my life through self care, I have worked hard and I can't wait to be 36. 

So on Thursday I toss these things in my invisible circle. 36 wishes for a wonderful year.
1. I wish to be my true authentic self.
2. I wish to learn and be curious.
3. I wish to be kind.
4. I wish to be smart.
5. I wish to be forgiving.
6. I wish to eat delicious food every now and again.
7. I wish to be present with my children.
8. I wish to inspire those I teach to be a little better, a little brighter, and excited about their future.
9. I wish to have a clean house (this REALLY IS wishful thinking)
10. I wish to eat a filet o fish at least once a month.
11. I wish to help and love others
12. I wish to never forget who I am.
13. I wish to not be afraid of things
14. I wish Feral cat will go away.
15. I wish to feel joy
16. I wish for my children's happiness
17. I wish for the ability to make good choices
18. I wish to travel to a new place this year
19. I wish for adventure.
20. I wish for health
21. I wish to always have so many wonderful friends
22. I wish to be LUCKY
23. I wish for the desires of my heart
24. I wish to be a little better tomorrow than I am today.
25. I wish to save more money
26. I wish to be content with myself
27. I wish to laugh 
28. I wish to have fun
29. I wish to take the time to be still
30. I wish to have peace in my heart and my home
31. I wish to be a good friend
32. I wish to be a better listener
33. I wish to slow down a little, not so much multi tasking
34. I wish to feel the rays of the sun sink into my skin
35. I REALLY wish for new car handles and a radio, and maybe a new beach cruiser since I ran over mine with my SUV. :(
36. I wish for the best year I have ever had, EVER. 

A dream is a wish your heart makes. Never stop dreaming. 
XOXO- The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home