<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Take Time to Smell the Roses

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Take Time to Smell the Roses



Do you notice anything about this ceiling? It is so beautifully carved and yet there is a sense of humor to it which I LOVE. Of course....and you have to be observant to catch it. You will see in a minute. 


I am reporting about my goals. It is 11pm so there goes the 9:30 bedtime tonight. However, I did run Monday morning a HOT, HUMID short two miles but I was afraid to push it too far with this blood clotty leg of mine. I worked out this afternoon, I had a great conversation with a friend, my house is clean. Today I felt joy, and yesterday too, and the day before. I am not doing everything on my list but I feel rested and I feel happy. What is that saying through small and simple things great things come to pass.  THIS IS TRUE. I am so happy with my life. I have so much gratitude for the trials I have come through. Without those trials I never would have developed the relationship I have with my Savior. I think I love deeper, I feel more, I am more present, alive and on the road to becoming who I am supposed to be. I just GET IT. I take time to smell the roses. 

When I was younger, eighteen to be exact I dated this young man who was the best. I loved him and I was so SCARED about it. He was kind and he was gentle. He was in school and motivated. We were great friends. We went to the Easter Pageant together and on the walk back to the car there were some rose bushes. He stopped and looked at me and said, "you know..sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses." Then he bent down and actually smelled them.  I thought WHAT IS HE DOING? I was a little bit embarrassed at the time but this moment has never left me and I think of it often. This man was MUCH wiser than I. He had figured out something that took me decades to figure out. You can't WAIT for happiness. It won't come if you are ten pounds thinner, or have less wrinkles or more money or a better job OR ANY OF THOSE THINGS YOU THINK WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY. Happiness is taking time to smell the roses. You just have to figure out what your "roses" are and then make it happen! I dated this fellow for a while but was so anxious about my future and school. I was so young. One night on the way home he said he wanted to talk to me about things. He wanted to DTR. I FREAKED OUT. In my head, I freaked out and then how I felt and what I said didn't match up and I hurt this young man with my stupid eighteen year old foolishness. I said, I really like you I just want to be friends. But I know, I loved him and so because of my anxiety and pride I just let it fade away. In hind sight I have learned that I WILL NOT LET FEAR GOVERN MY ACTIONS. Fear is a foe to happiness and joy. I have learned I have to let the fear go and when I do I get more brave. I mean my level of brave may be baby steps compared to someone elses but I am getting there. So take some time to smell the roses, or throw ice at wild cats, or go running, spend time with friends that make you happy. Just LOVE this life. Every drop of it. At least, that is what I am trying to do. 

So carved into a ROW in this FANTASTIC ceiling are busts of people TALKING TO EACH OTHER!!! I ADORED it. I thought HOW clever the sculptor to hide these in here. Here are a few. 


And another. I wonder what they are talking about probably something very important like....what to eat for dinner. ;)


Find your Roses.
XOXO The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home