<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Rascals

Monday, October 14, 2013

Rascals



I sort of love this picture, I love that it makes me want to say YEE HAW. I think what I love most is that Ellie took it while I was driving her around on this bike pedaling tractor contraption. Boy, I was sweaty after going on that thing three times. We had so much fun that day. It is the redeeming days like that one that make me feel like MAYBE the crummy days and the good days will all even out. Most days are pretty great. Especially the last handful of days. The weather is cooler and it's as if all of earths creatures feel the excitement of it.

Just the other day I was knocking at the door of a friends house when I caught a glimpse of the most darling little finch, I watched it for a moment and then the door opened and I was distracted. There is just something about taking a minute to be present in the things around me that makes me feel so alive. I love this life.

Tonight for Family Home Evening we went out to dinner because FRANKLY I was tired. We went to Kneaders it was yum. I could not even finish my dinner, a bowl of soup. My kids and I talked and laughed and ate and then we went to pick a friend of mine up at the airport. On the way home my son and daughter FOUGHT, YELLED, WHINED, and CRIED. Then I turned into Mom the hag and got after them and was irritated at their behavior, especially one of them who all of a sudden needed LOTS of attention. We dropped the friend off and I had a calm talk about manners, interrupting conversations that adults are having, yelling in a SEDAN, and attention seeking behaviors that are not cute. We arrived home, and I told the kids to get into their jammies twice before saying OKAY GUYS go get in your pajamas and meet me on my bed for scriptures! I walked into my room with two kids little freckled faces waiting for me, and I dove onto the bed and STEAM ROLLED THEM. They were so shocked and the whole room erupted into laughter. We read scriptures, had family prayer, I tucked them into THEIR beds and walked downstairs to make lunches. I was tired but then I thought that maybe I was the luckiest girl, because I got to make my kids lunches for school. I tucked a little treat and love note in each lunch box. This life is what you make it, I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home