<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Keep Playing

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Keep Playing

Ellie and her "boyfriend" and friend at Aydan's Christmas Concert.

Tonight Aydan told Ellie, "Jack can't be your boyfriend. You're too good for him." I tried to stifle a snort/laugh and a yippee all at once. That older boy of mine, he is the protector. He takes his roll as the man of the house pretty seriously. I was talking to our dentist at church today and he told me that Aydan was trying to set up Ellie's next cleaning appt. That boy. I love him so.  

A terrible picture of him at his Christmas concert. He was SO cute. He had a speaking part and totally nailed it. Adorbs. 

This week was hairy. 
I was so over scheduled and it led me to be exhausted this weekend. Both of my children had their Christmas concerts this week Aydan's on Wednesday and Ellie's on Thursday. Tuesday night I helped set a table for our Relief Society Christmas dinner. My car started acting funny on Wednesday, well funnier than usual for a 2003 Honda with almost 220,000 on it. I made an appointment at the shop so after Aydan's concert we headed to my parents where some juggling of the cars was done so I could have a car to drive. I am so grateful for my Mom and Dad they help me so much. My little brother helped to by giving my Mom rides to work for a few days while I had her car. My car was fixed by Friday after school so I met my Dad at the shop to pick it up. It drives like a dream now. I didn't feel like doing much Friday night, I had my kids this weekend. We went to dinner and then saw Frozen. It was such a good show. I felt really ready to have a little break and so I scheduled a babysitter to come over Saturday morning so I could play in a kickball tournament.

That's right. 

I said. KICKBALL TOURNAMENT

It was so fun. I had a blast! It was a mid-singles activity and there were a ton of people I hadn't met yet. It was the perfect kind of activity for me, relaxed and fun. I get so stressed out sometimes at other things. I just can't do it. 


A saying on a new mug I bought reminds me of how I feel at activities sometimes:
Except for the sweaty part. I don't really sweat very much. And actually this is generally how I feel about men at singles activities. Anyway, the kickball tournament was fun and reminded me that I shouldn't always have such a bad attitude about going to singles activities. I just have to remember if it is something I like to do I will always have fun. Hopefully, there will be another snowboarding trip soon. I think I have an inner 10 year old in me that generally just likes to play. I scored two runs for our team so that was good. I was glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and went. I need to do this stuff more. Plus, it is so funny to see all of these old people playing kickball (myself included). People would run to the bases and then stand there holding their hamstrings. I was happy my body held up just fine, I guess running and yoga really have helped me stay in shape. I had a nap Saturday and one today and that pretty much means I had a perfect weekend. Saturday night I just chilled with the bambinos it was a great night. We finished decorating the tree, made snicker doodles, ordered pizza and watched White Christmas with some hot chocolate. 

Playing is my favorite. XOXO- The Sunny D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home