<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Enough Said

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Enough Said

Enough Said. A movie about new beginnings.

Six AM. The train whistle blew. I had gone to three parties the night before and didn't get in until one am. I woke with a start as six is my usual time to wake up. So tired, you know the feeling you try and lay there hoping to fall back asleep but then the garbage trucks come and empty all the dumpsters at the school right next to my house. Blearily, I get up thinking it's Saturday maybe I can take a nap later. Maybe. 

I wander down to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cereal. ~Captain Crunch, breakfast of champions. I am so tired, I have no desire to shower or clean or go to the temple like I thought I might do this morning. I look on the counter and sure enough there is that Red Box movie I think I have had for a bout two weeks. The kids have been here for 8 great days in a row. Days that kept me on my toes with BUSY amidst AIMS testing this week.  I decide this morning is the perfect time to watch it. The house is quiet. 

The movie is called, Enough Said.  The title of the movie has multiple meanings and is layered throughout the movie. There are many moments when enough has been said. I was taught a great lesson by watching it. There are many different types of family and friend relationships in this movie. There are two divorcees who date each other but their relationship is influenced by what others say about them, especially the exes. It was so interesting to me and so real I could totally relate. It made me think if my ex had the chance to talk to a man I was newly dating what would he say? Would he be critical; would he over look my flaws? The real question I have to ask myself is, would I do the same in return?

 I was thinking about how I talk to my ex husbands new wife. She loves him very much, she sees all of his good qualities. This is her second marriage too, and I see all of her good qualities. I think she is wonderful. Isn't this the same thing I hope for all of my divorced friends and myself? To find someone who overlooks the bad and only sees the good? I have to say I am so glad that my ex husband has found that. There were so many parallels in relationships with friends, family, children and ex spouses. I loved it. It makes me want to only say the good, uplifting and positive things about the people I know. You never know how your words are going to influence someone else's perception about another person. It reminds me of the song, Let us oft speak kind words of another....kind words are sweet tones of the heart. 

It was a good movie. You should watch it. 

XOXO- The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home