<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Things We Do

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Things We Do


A few things I have decided lately.

Spring Break was too short.

Teaching is a difficult job.

Nothing can replace good friends.

My hair has grown really long.

My kids keep me going.

Cars are great when they work.

I am tired, therefore I need to look at my life and see what I can do to be balanced.

Kneaders is proving to be a problem. Especially their sugar cookies. Dang.

The Renaissance Fair is really weird.

It is like all of the Dungeons and Dragons crowd comes out to celebrate. And, I have never been so grateful to actually NOT fit in. People watching at its finest.


Here is an interesting picture I just noticed...look just beyond Aydan's annoyed face because we made him watch belly dancing. To the woman with the large.....ahem. The Renaissance Festival was also a wonderful place to have a frank conversation
with my children about modesty. Especially, when the 60 year old woman walked by with a chain mail bikini on. Yes. They actually make those! Who knew? I asked Aydan, "What if Grandma wore that?" He looked at me and said GROSS. MOM that is gross. I said do you NOW see why modesty is important. The next day at church I said, "Do you see all of these women at church?" He said, yes. I said, "Don't they look beautiful? They are all dressed modestly. Do you see the difference from yesterday?" We then discussed why modest IS really the hottest.

The Festival was fun. I think everyone should go at least once. That was my very first time. However, I think Spanish Sassafras summed it up when we were driving out of the parking lot to go home as a man dressed like a pirate walked by, "IF I see ONE MORE Jack Sparrow it will be too soon." In fact, I wasn't sure that pirates HAD a large part in the Renaissance, OR Star Trek People, Clone Troopers and EVEN Captain America but they were all there.





Spanish Sassafras, The Queen, and I with our brood of chiddlers. I am glad we could have a little fun with our dear friends over Spring Break. The things we do for our children. 


XOXO-To not just living life, but enjoying it too! The Sunny D. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home